• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

British sports personality of the year

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Going back to the hits of 1981, did you hear about Wiggins + his guitar entertaining the SPOTY crowd with his rendition of the Jam's 'That's Entertainment' after the formal part of the evening? Apparently it's on the BBC website if you're interested.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bell one of the 10 nominated but Andy Murray will win easily.

Ben Ainslie
Ian Bell
Hannah ****roft
Mo Farah
Chris Froome
Leigh Halfpenny
AP McCoy
Andy Murray
Christine Ohuruogu
Justin Rose

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Am I missing something? Why is Farah on that list?

edit: duh, World Championships. Pay attention at the back.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Am I missing something? Why is Farah on that list?

edit: duh, World Championships. Pay attention at the back.
He broke Cram's 28 yr old British 1500m record. That is/was huge.

To be fair, it is a better list than most. I actually know what 4 of them look like and recognise a couple of other names.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Lol @ the BBC showing Andy Murray on the big screen and revealing he was the winner prior to it being officially announced.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Didn't watch it, been watching Leon The Professional, was Ennis' arse featured at all?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, I don't follow golf but wasn't his year like one of the best ever by anyone? Hamilton won a championship which basically consisted of two people.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
2 majors IIRC, so it was up there.
Plus holding the money order in Us and Europe, plus winning the Ryder Cup, so yeah he's done okay.

****ing over Woz and saying he's Irish probably didn't help in a close-run thing though.