• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WC Qualifier tonight

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Kelvin Jack is my hero. That last minute save was special. Homeboy gots ups.

Someone pinch me... :blink:
Conveniently forgetting the ****-up in the penalty box in the first half? :p

This is the kinda moment I wish I was born ten years earlier or Drillo ten years later...I'm used to Norway qualifying, so there's no ecstasy any more, just despair when we do lose...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Samuel_Vimes said:
Conveniently forgetting the ****-up in the penalty box in the first half? :p
Marvin Andrews was my hero then. Brilliant defensive header. I'm still a HUGE Chris Birchall fan. You see, the Bahrainesians thought they could pull us down by taking out Birchall, but they didn't count on Tall Boy!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Marvin Andrews was my hero then. Brilliant defensive header. I'm still a HUGE Chris Birchall fan. You see, the Bahrainesians thought they could pull us down by taking out Birchall, but they didn't count on Tall Boy!
Yikes, I'm gonna have to learn some of these names now :D

steds

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
I imagine a lot more English players will be rediscovering their Trinidadian roots now.... :p
More will than those discovering their Scottish ones, that's for sure :(

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I saw most of the Bahrian/T&T second half, and was supporting Bahrian originally because my dad lived there for a bit, but on seeing the first half highlights (lowlights?) and their standard of football, was far happier to see T&T go though.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Samuel_Vimes said:
Basically, a team with even less technique than the Aussies are going to have to score two goals against the Czech Republic defense stonewall of Grygera, Galasek, Jankulovski and Ujfalusi. I'd rather back myself to have a chance as prima ballerina at the Prague National Ballet than for that to happen.

Btw, Barney - Togo's list of international players:

Adekanmi Olufade - 25, forward, four seasons in Europe with Lokeren, Lille, Nice and Charleroi, 35 games/4 goals
Thomas Dossevi - 26, midfielder, Valenciennes, 95 games/23 goals in French Ligue 2
Emmanuel Adebayor - 21, striker, Monaco, 96 games/22 goals (also 44 games/15 goals with Metz)
Kossi Agassas - 27, goalkeeper, Metz, 30 games

Angola's a bit worse. They have a striker who play in Championnat de France Amateur (that's the fourth division), a couple of players in the Portuguese Super Liga (Mantorras and Edson), and three players in the Portuguese Division Two.
I forgot Adebayor was Togoese(?!?)! That means they might score, he's a good player. Never heard of the others, though, and I'm not surprised looking at who they play for!

Angola really are in trouble, methinks, looking at their record.

And major congrats to T&T!!! The mighty Dwight Yorke is World Cup bound! :D :clap: :cheers:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I would like to say congratulations to the forum members from Australia and T&T for making it to the world cup. :cool:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
I would like to say congratulations to the forum members from Australia and T&T for making it to the world cup. :cool:
Are they the baggage handlers or something?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
imagine said:
swiss are there. lost 2-4 but go through on away goals. turkey tried hard but to no awail
That's terrible news.

I can see it now - hordes of crazed Swiss football fans in Germany next year, tanked up on muesli, blowing their awful alpenhorns, hurling ****oo clocks in the street and stabbing people with sharpened Toblerones.

(shudder)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
steds said:
Togolese.

Czech Rep 1-0 Norway - thoroughly decent game, Czech Republic withdrew in the second half and with a bit of luck (and a worse keeper at the other end) we could have won it. Still happy enough.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Not only did the Bahrain players exercise violence toward their Trinbagonian counterparts and the referee on the pitch, but the T&T players were reportedly trapped inside their dressing room for a period of time, as Bahrain supporters stoned it.

Some of the contingent of 300 T&T supporters were also stoned, and had to be ******ed out of the ground by riot police. Disgusting.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I hope the world was watching.

benchmark00

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Not only did the Bahrain players exercise violence toward their Trinbagonian counterparts and the referee on the pitch, but the T&T players were reportedly trapped inside their dressing room for a period of time, as Bahrain supporters stoned it.

Some of the contingent of 300 T&T supporters were also stoned, and had to be ******ed out of the ground by riot police. Disgusting.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I hope the world was watching.
Stoned? hey? thats terrible...