• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WC Qualifier tonight

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Not only did the Bahrain players exercise violence toward their Trinbagonian counterparts and the referee on the pitch, but the T&T players were reportedly trapped inside their dressing room for a period of time, as Bahrain supporters stoned it.

Some of the contingent of 300 T&T supporters were also stoned, and had to be ******ed out of the ground by riot police. Disgusting.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I hope the world was watching.
yeah i saw the last 10 minutes, it looked a farce tbh, i'm pretty shocked none of the Bahranians got lamped because they weren't exaclty big lads

Cloete

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Not only did the Bahrain players exercise violence toward their Trinbagonian counterparts and the referee on the pitch, but the T&T players were reportedly trapped inside their dressing room for a period of time, as Bahrain supporters stoned it.

Some of the contingent of 300 T&T supporters were also stoned, and had to be ******ed out of the ground by riot police. Disgusting.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I hope the world was watching.
And I thought Fossatti throwing the ball into the back of Chipperfield was bad!

Seriously **** Bahrain! They didn't qualify and neither did Uruguay and it serves both of them right!!

Actually, WCQ for 2002 Australians were kicked, hit and spat on by Uruguayans in the Montevideo airport.

CONGRATS TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO! AND CONGRATS DWIGHT YORKE!!!!! JOING THE SOCCEROOS AT GERMANY 2006!!!! :D:D

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One of the greatest nights in Aus sport ever!

Being in a bar and having 200 people cheering on the Socceroos was a great experience.

Congrats to Aus.

Congrats to T & T.

All is right with the world.

shaka

International Regular
Well done Aus, thoroughly deserve it, finally they can call themselves the best of Oceania (Nz were in the WC more recently than Australia :D )

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Well done to Australia. I guess good for T&T. Definitely have a better team but them's the breaks.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
We were ranked two spots higher than them before the game. :p
Jeez, everyone ripping into me this morning! :p

But ya can't rain on my parade, son! We're in, you're in and the the dirtiest teams we played against are not. And the Poms lost a test they should have won.

Still a good day! :D

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats to T&T and Yorkie especially.

Hey guys is it possible to have a group like this USA, Australia, Angola and Iran. I wouldn't think so as you would have to have one European side in each group.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
roseboy64 said:
Well done to Australia. I guess good for T&T. Definitely have a better team but them's the breaks.
Oh get over it. :p

I agree it's sad that the Reggae Boyz couldn't even make it out of the preliminary qualifiers though. I'll shed a tear for you during Germany '06. :cool:

Mr Mxyzptlk

social said:
One of the greatest nights in Aus sport ever!

Being in a bar and having 200 people cheering on the Socceroos was a great experience.

Congrats to Aus.

Congrats to T & T.

All is right with the world.
Just watching the highlights of that game it seemed like quite an experience. The crowd was really into it. It seemed so surreal though, because I associate a crowd of gold and green entirely with cricket, and yet it was football that had centre stage. Congrats.

social

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Just watching the highlights of that game it seemed like quite an experience. The crowd was really into it. It seemed so surreal though, because I associate a crowd of gold and green entirely with cricket, and yet it was football that had centre stage. Congrats.
Just saw the highlights of Trinidad's win.

Apparently Bahrain are appealing to FIFA over their disallowed goal.

Mr Mxyzptlk

social said:
Just saw the highlights of Trinidad's win.

Apparently Bahrain are appealing to FIFA over their disallowed goal.
Why? He interfered with the 'keeper's personal space and his attempt to disperse the ball. It's not as though Jack kicked the ball onto him and then it went into the goal. He stole the ball from Jack's hand to foot motion. I'm sure there's a law against that, otherwise there'd be a lot more goals being scored.

Mister Wright

They should revise the rules of soccer and turn it into 5 minute halfs of penalty shoot-outs, then I might watch it more often.

shaka

International Regular
If any rule changes are needed, it would be that penalty shootouts / extra time should be played at a 3rd venue (e.g. neutral venue). Too much advantage is given to the team who plays at home in the 2nd leg.