• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NBA 2005-2006 Season

ir0n desi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Which team do you guys support this season? Talk about the season here. All information on the season can be found at www.nba.com.

Well the team I support are the Knicks...who so far are down 0-5...and most likely will be 0-6 after their game against Sacramento today. They def are having a bad start to the season. But I really aint a one team guy. I support every team, doesn't matter to me who it is..I just like to watch the game and play the game.

Games being played today:
Seattle v Toronto(Final Score Sea:126, Tor: 121)
Houston v Boston
Clippers v Sixers
Cleveland v Orlando
Minnesota v Denver
New York v Sacramento

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the spurs are the favourites along with the pistons like last year....the lakers seem to be meshing better under phil jackson and will make a run for the playoffs, but i don't see even kobe and phil being able to take them beyond the 1st round of the playoffs....miami is supposed to have a much improved roster but i don't think they will win the championship this year as well...even with a fully fit o'neal....lebron and the cavaliers might get into the playoffs at last this year....the knicks are a poor team and however great a coach brown is, he just isn't a magician....and i hear they are talking of trading marbury....depending on who they acquire for him, that could further weaken an already weak roster....

the in-form stars so far this season are:

kobe
arenas
iverson
duncan
parker
wade
lebron
artest

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I used to follow the NBA intensely, but since the Lakers fell apart, Nash left the Mavericks, and Weber left the Kings, my world became somewhat disillusioned. I watched a game between the Pacers and the Heat the other day, but it just isn't the same.

ir0n desi

Anil said:
the spurs are the favourites along with the pistons like last year....the lakers seem to be meshing better under phil jackson and will make a run for the playoffs, but i don't see even kobe and phil being able to take them beyond the 1st round of the playoffs....miami is supposed to have a much improved roster but i don't think they will win the championship this year as well...even with a fully fit o'neal....lebron and the cavaliers might get into the playoffs at last this year....the knicks are a poor team and however great a coach brown is, he just isn't a magician....and i hear they are talking of trading marbury....depending on who they acquire for him, that could further weaken an already weak roster....

the in-form stars so far this season are:

kobe
arenas
iverson
duncan
parker
wade
lebron
artest
Kobe was really out of form against the Sixers a few days ago. He only made 7 out of 27 field goals. And if I remember correctly he only made 3 out of 17 field goals in the first half or something like that.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
ir0n desi said:
Kobe was really out of form against the Sixers a few days ago. He only made 7 out of 27 field goals. And if I remember correctly he only made 3 out of 17 field goals in the first half or something like that.
true but he was averaging 36 before that....one game doesn't indicate a lack of form, it's just that iguodala guarded him well that day....

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I know a lad who's mad about basketball. He went all the way to America in the summer to attend a basketball camp thing and he's sure he's going to play in the NBA in the future. Despite him being one of my best friends, I'm too negative to sound anything near supportive (which he had a go at me about). Infact, I bet him £1000 that I'll play NHL Ice Hockey (now THAT'S a real sport. Ice Hockey>>>Basketball) before he plays in the NBA, which seeing as I've never played Ice Hockey in my life and don't plan on starting any time soon, is never going to happen...but at least my £1000 is safe, too (maybe).

ir0n desi

Update of scores

Boston beat Houston 102-82 (T-mac with only 14 points in the game)
Sixers beat Clippers 113-108(Iverson with 28 points!)
Cleveland beat Orlando 108-100(James with 26 points, Francis with 22)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm following the Bucks, because they have Aussie Bogart in their team, from what I've heard he's been playing well.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
When I was a kid (about 10 years ago or more) I used to follow the NBA really closely, but now I have no idea who's good and who's not. Can someone summarise who the top teams and players are for me? I'd like to start taking an interest again but I don't really know where to start. Last thing I knew Jordan had retired again, the Bulls had lost their whole team, and the Lakers were winning everything. It's been a while. :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Spurs are as good as it gets really. The Heat are probably the second best team in the league, though on paper they look extremely dominant.

The Mavericks are still a pretty good team - better than many, considering they have Dirk.

Houston is very potent. The Cavs and the Bulls have good talent.

Lakers (The Kobe Show) are far from the force they used to be, as are the Nets.

The Pacers are perhaps an under-rated team.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I used to follow the NBA intensely, but since the Lakers fell apart, Nash left the Mavericks, and Weber left the Kings, my world became somewhat disillusioned. I watched a game between the Pacers and the Heat the other day, but it just isn't the same.
I didnt know I left to the Kings :D
isnt there a Tarick Johnson around too ?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Time to bring the Heat Jersey out of the closet! Hope the Heat have a good season and better play offs!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
Time to bring the Heat Jersey out of the closet! Hope the Heat have a good season and better play offs!
So there is another HEAT supporter on this forum. :D Lebron james is the hyped star in the NBA whereas players like Dwayne Wade who has made Heat a contender in the eastern Conference, are so under-rated. If both O'neal & Wade are healthy, I would back them to win the eastern conference title. They are not better than the San Antonio Spurs though..

Go Heat !!!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
on paper, antoine walker, james posey and jason williams should magnify the shaq-wade firepower at least twice but too many superstars/stars in one team doesn't bode well for team chemistry and it looks like they are experiencing those issues right now.....if they can get it together and play with maximum team efficiency, they have a good shot at the title but i doubt it right now...still early seasons so things could change i guess...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Well only if Pat Reily could keep his hands off the coaching job @Miami. SVG seemed to be doing a fine job there until last year..

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Woohoo. Netball's started again.

Which team has the hottest chicks?

(basketball, netball, same thing isn't it?)

ir0n desi

Sanz said:
So there is another HEAT supporter on this forum. :D Lebron james is the hyped star in the NBA whereas players like Dwayne Wade who has made Heat a contender in the eastern Conference, are so under-rated. If both O'neal & Wade are healthy, I would back them to win the eastern conference title. They are not better than the San Antonio Spurs though..

Go Heat !!!
I like Miami too...Wade is one of my favorite players...hes extremly talanted and they got shaq too.

ir0n desi

Well the Knicks finally won a game last night..and agaisnt the Kings too. It was a one sided game from the top when the knicks took a huge lead in the first qtr and never gave away the lead. The Knicks did start to give the game away with lots of fouls in the fourth qtr but still kept the lead and ended up winning their first game of the seaon.

Games being played tonight:

Lakers at Grizzlies
Knicks at Jazz
Bulls at Wizards