• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most disgraceful sporting performances.....

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A few that spring to mind are.............

Mary Dekker - US 1500 metre runner 1984 LA olympics after the Zola Budd incident - Her pathetic performance of crying for about 6 months after the race was one of the worst i've seen.

Mike Tyson - Ear eating incident - say no more

Greg/Trevor Chappell - and their attempt to play lawn bowls on a cricket field

Richard Loe - NZ rugby player and his horrible eye-gauge of Greg Cooper in the early 90s

Johan le Roux - South african who bit Sean Fitzpatricks ear

Zinzan

Oh and Blaze......The South African T.V networks who allowed that Chick to commentate the recent NZ V SA series :cool:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Collingwood in the 2003 AFL Grand Final, when the Brisbane Lions had to go through 18 vials of pain killers to get their players onto the ground, and they still spanked Collingwood by 10 goals, after the Pies beat the Lions three weeks earlier. And I loved every minute of it :)

Jean VanDeVelve or whatever it is, with his choke in the British Open. And Greg Norman when Faldo won the Masters.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Bodyline certainly qualifies, for the same reason the underarm ball incident does.Various sporting captain tantrums do too, Richie Richardson's in 1995 after losing to Australia was a classic.

benchmark00

King_Ponting said:
that basketball smash with portland i think and the crowd.....
Indianna and Detroit from memory....

Essendon Vs Carlton in the '99 prelim final in AFL, absolute shocker, handed the roos the flag, not that i complained.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
R. Connor getting run out for a diamond in Super International Cricket. Was a horrible call by Haliday - I mean, if Connor can't make it then no-one could have.

Except maybe G. Allen.

benchmark00

vic_orthdox said:
R. Connor getting run out for a diamond in Super International Cricket. Was a horrible call by Haliday - I mean, if Connor can't make it then no-one could have.

Except maybe G. Allen.
People still say that, but i think the worst effort was the bowling performance by Trinh against Pakistan in '95, got hit for 36 off one over by G. Asif.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
That American gymnast that ran into the pummel horse, can't quite remember his name. Billy Birmingham did a bit about him

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
burkey_1988 said:
That American gymnast that ran into the pummel horse, can't quite remember his name. Billy Birmingham did a bit about him
He also suffered some minor bruising to his body.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
- Did you blow a sandshoe like many thought, or did you just **** up?

- No Darrell, I just ****ed up

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
vic_orthdox said:

Except maybe G. Allen.
benchmark00 said:
People still say that, but i think the worst effort was the bowling performance by Trinh against Pakistan in '95, got hit for 36 off one over by G. Asif.
LOL! Best game ever!

G Asif is a beast in that game, its ridiculous how good he is, both batting and fielding.