• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most disgraceful sporting performances.....

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Paula Radcliffe quitting the Olympic marathon once she realised she wasn't going to win, then doing the exact same thing in the 10,000m. Pathetic. A British triathlete who came last in his event summed it up a few days later, having got a puncture in his bike and had to carry it for 2km, before doing the running section of the race - "I got the puncture and that pretty much ruined my chances, but it's the Olympics - you've got to keep going."

I have no respect for an athlete who gives up, just like I have no respect for an athlete who cracks under pressure, like that berk Tim Henman does every year.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
-Maradona's hand of God.

-Rivaldo going down like a sack of schisse clutching his face after the ball clearly hits him in the midrift v Turkey (I think) in the last WC.

-Cantona kicking that Palace punter.

More when I think of them.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Jono said:
LOL! Best game ever!

G Asif is a beast in that game, its ridiculous how good he is, both batting and fielding.
Too many slow players in the Pakistan team for mine.

Either had to bat with the Windies - oooh, how good was it batting with G. Allen and N. ***ton! - or with Australia. And add Connor into your side.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
I have no respect for an athlete who gives up, just like I have no respect for an athlete who cracks under pressure, like that berk Tim Henman does every year.
He doesn't crack under pressure. He's just poo.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
vic_orthdox said:
Too many slow players in the Pakistan team for mine.

Either had to bat with the Windies - oooh, how good was it batting with G. Allen and N. ***ton! - or with Australia. And add Connor into your side.
Yeah but you just score all the runs with Asif, he could do it alone :cool:

What about Casey for the WI. He was surely their 'Lara'.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Jono said:
Yeah but you just score all the runs with Asif, he could do it alone :cool:

What about Casey for the WI. He was surely their 'Lara'.
No way. Allen was definently their Lara. Quick, awesome batsman - definently him.

Carl Hooper = S. Lontis.
Dean Jones = R. Connor.
Merv Hughes = S. Scott
Waugh twins = Borg + Dixon.

I could keep on doing this all day :) They definently based players on people who were in sides at the time.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm positive they did. I'm pretty sure Singh for India was Tendulkar. Lontis was definitely Hooper. I don't get why they had Borg and Dixon as the Waugh twins yet with different surnames though :p They had the same face though I think didn't they?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Jono said:
I'm positive they did. I'm pretty sure Singh for India was Tendulkar. Lontis was definitely Hooper. I don't get why they had Borg and Dixon as the Waugh twins yet with different surnames though :p They had the same face though I think didn't they?
Yeah, they did have the same face. I was on the same train of thought as you on Singh. And Power was definently Boon - fat, slow, and batted number three for Australia. And Allan Border was Valeri. Trinh = McDermott.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
bugssy said:
what about the england soccer side getting beat 3 - 0 via australia...........
It was 3-1, but it was an equally big disgrace. Mostly because there were at least three players playing in that game who were never good enough.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Barney Rubble said:
It was 3-1, but it was an equally big disgrace. Mostly because there were at least three players playing in that game who were never good enough.
Given that Franny Jeffers scored our goal, I whole-heartedly agree!

I'm not especially anti-Sven, but he has devalued the currency of an England cap somewhat with the revolving door substitute policy in friendlies.

Our inability to win a penalty shootout is bordering on a disgrace too. 1/5 IIRC.

Langeveldt

Soutie
zinzan12 said:
Oh and Blaze......The South African T.V networks who allowed that Chick to commentate the recent NZ V SA series :cool:
Don't forget she fills two quotas at the same time.. Bar Neil Johnson the SABC sport commentary team have been pretty rubbish this summer..

On subject

- The berk who fined Charl Langeveldt 75% of his match fee, baring in mind that the bowler does not need to appeal for a wicket to be given.. It can be anyone on the fielding side AFAIK
- Mike Tyson's ear spitting
- Tiny Tiger Tims Tantrums
- Wayne Rooney's repeated dummey spitting
- Diego Maradonna's hand
- Pakistan "losing" to Bangladesh in the WC1999
- Jannes Labuschagne against England at Twickers, whenever it was..

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yeah, lets face it, Henman in his prime reached the semi final of 1 major tournament a year (and won the Korean Open every now and then).

There was one very funny quote in They Think It's All Over the other day where they were talking about the new test to see if you are truly British. Jonathan Ross (genius) asked Becker if he'd ever won Wimbledon, and Becker told him he had once or twice. Ross immediately said he would never be British no matter how hard he tried.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:
Don't forget she fills two quotas at the same time.. Bar Neil Johnson the SABC sport commentary team have been pretty rubbish this summer..

On subject

- The berk who fined Charl Langeveldt 75% of his match fee, baring in mind that the bowler does not need to appeal for a wicket to be given.. It can be anyone on the fielding side AFAIK
- Mike Tyson's ear spitting
- Tiny Tiger Tims Tantrums
- Wayne Rooney's repeated dummey spitting
- Diego Maradonna's hand
- Pakistan "losing" to Bangladesh in the WC1999
- Jannes Labuschagne against England at Twickers, whenever it was..
And Hansie Cronje.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tom Halsey said:
Yeah, lets face it, Henman in his prime reached the semi final of 1 major tournament a year (and won the Korean Open every now and then).
To be consistently in the top 7 or 8 for so long, he did a fair bit more than that.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Well that shows that the rating system is a bit flawed then (a bit like the ICC ones in cricket which repeatedly claimed that SA were better than Australia until recently).

Last edited: