• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Football Manager dilemma - what would you do?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
My brother has ordered FM06 for me as a birthday present (doing it because at the time it was due to be released on 4th November)

It is released today, and will almost certainly arrive today or tomorrow.

Do I a) open it and play, or b) wait till my birthday to open it?

What would you do?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I never like receiving/opening birthday pressies before my actual birthday. I always feel guilty about it

PY

International Coach
"Ignite the fire, light some tyres" mate.

In short there's no way any human being could take offence at you for wanting to play FM2006 when you have it in your possession.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Play it. I know I didn't wait when I was given Halo 2 for Christmas a month eariler

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I thought this thread was going to be something like "should I play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2?", "do I play Drogba or Crespo?" kind of thing......... :blink:

And btw marc, if your brother wouldn't be offended, then just play it.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why don't you start playing it with the promise that he can have a go later on?
Assuming you live with your brother, that is.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
shaka said:
Get the okay from your brother, therefore removing the guilt
Even if I get the ok I still feel guilty. The point of a birthday present is you get it on your birthday

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
BoyBrumby said:
Is your bro likely to be upset if you cracked straight on? If not I'd just fire it straight up.
He wouldn't be, but I'm still not sure its right.

I also am thinking that in 3 weeks time most of the bugs will be patched, and I'll have finished all my study in time for the revision course I've got to go on!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
marc71178 said:
He wouldn't be, but I'm still not sure its right.

I also am thinking that in 3 weeks time most of the bugs will be patched, and I'll have finished all my study in time for the revision course I've got to go on!
Fair play then.

I've never been big on self-discipline myself! :p