• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League Tri-Nations 2005

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought this deserved it's own thread. The first match is this Saturday night at Telstra Stadium, with Australia v New Zealand.

Discuss :)

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Here is my Australian team for Saturday's match:

1. Minichiello
2. Tahu
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. King
6. Lockyer
7. Johns
8. Ryles
9. Buderus
10. Price
11. Kennedy
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Barrett

14. Gower
15. Civoniceva
16. Mason
17. O'Meley

And my NZ team:

1. Webb
2. Tony
3. Vagana
4. Whatuira
5. Vatuvei
6. Hohaia
7. Jones
8. Asotasi
9. L Anderson
10. Rauhihi
11. N Cayless
12. T Puletua
13. Wiki

14. Faiumu
15. Pritchard
16. Paleaaesina
17. Koopu

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
im not sure if Lockyer is playing, hes in some doubt and wouldnt be bad if he missed this game and is fit for the rest...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Where is Dene Halatau in the Kiwi side, surely they didn't forget to pick him? Also why would they drop Jerome Ropati, he was brilliant for them in the Anzac Test. How could you pick regets like Brent Webb and Tony infront of him.

Blaze

Banned
chaminda_00 said:
Where is Dene Halatau in the Kiwi side, surely they didn't forget to pick him? Also why would they drop Jerome Ropati, he was brilliant for them in the Anzac Test. How could you pick regets like Brent Webb and Tony infront of him.

He is getting shoulder surgery. Jerome Ropati is injured as well.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Kangaroos team named

Cooper is very unlucky to miss out IMO and Waterhouse is a selectors favourite. Otherwise, I basically agree with all other selections

Kiwis team named

Nigel Vagana named at five-eighth, which isn't much of a surprise though I wouldn't pick him there.

Lyell_Chris

U19 12th Man
Hohaia should be five-eigth with vagana at centre instead of toopi , with Louis Anderson at Hooker

Is Tony available??

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Lyell_Chris said:
Hohaia should be five-eigth with vagana at centre instead of toopi , with Louis Anderson at Hooker

Is Tony available??
I believe so. He was in the original squad and I assume he's still there

Blaze

Banned
Lyell_Chris said:

Is Tony available??

Na I am pretty happy with the side. Hopefully Toopi sorts out his defence and we should go alright. Anderson makes too many silly errors.

Tony was an option, in fact I would have prefered him at hooker.

Lyell_Chris

U19 12th Man
If he playing his best he would get in ahead of all the other second rowers

the squad isn't too bad after all the media attention the team got about all the injuries

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
How much footie has Vagana has played at 5/8?

Hasn't he played there before?
A few times for the Sharks, but he is in no way a 5/8. It's like picking Shaun Timmins there :)

Craig

World Traveller
Although since your a Blues fan you are glad he was picked there in 2004 (it was his field goal that won them game 1).

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
Although since your a Blues fan you are glad he was picked there in 2004 (it was his field goal that won them game 1).
I guess. Still a dumb selection, just like Vagana's at 5/8 for NZ