• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Views on Maradona

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
What do you guys feel about the man, the player?

I was watching a documentary on TV and he said he didnt take the drugs in the 1994 world cup - why would i need drugs for performance enhancement after agreeing to taking cocaine during the 90 incident.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well he very clearly did take the drugs! Not only did he test postive, I also remember his celeb after he scored in one of the group games; he looked absolutely wired.

Great player, but v flawed individual. He cheated us out of a world cup, so I'm guessing v few English football fans hold him in that great esteem.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clearly one of the greatest players of all time, the goal he scored after the hand of God was increadible. Now unforutnatly he is just a sad old man

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Clearly one of the greatest players of all time, the goal he scored after the hand of God was increadible. Now unforutnatly he is just a sad old man
good summary that, one of the best players of all time, but a druggie and a cheat, cant help but admire him as a player, cant help but look at him with disgust now.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
one of the greatest footballers of all time and a thorughly screwed up person as well...

twctopcat

International Regular
Winning the WC in '86 represented one of the greatest feats by any footballer ever. Can definitely rival Pele as the greatest no.10 of all time. He carried that team to the final practically on his own whilst Pele always had an abundance of quality around him. A very flawed individual but like the best managed to inspire those around him - a sign of greatness. Is still referred to as a god in naples. Most prob my fav player of all time.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
twctopcat said:
Winning the WC in '86 represented one of the greatest feats by any footballer ever. Can definitely rival Pele as the greatest no.10 of all time. He carried that team to the final practically on his own whilst Pele always had an abundance of quality around him. A very flawed individual but like the best managed to inspire those around him - a sign of greatness. Is still referred to as a god in naples. Most prob my fav player of all time.
Please send back your UK passport. You don't deserve it! :p

Seriously tho, it's a massive fallacy that Maradona won the 86 tournament on his own, there were some genuinely great players in that team aside from the fat, stumpy cheat: Burrucharga, Valdano, Olarticochea (sp?) & the magically named Jose Luis Brown.

twctopcat

International Regular
BoyBrumby said:
Please send back your UK passport. You don't deserve it! :p

Seriously tho, it's a massive fallacy that Maradona won the 86 tournament on his own, there were some genuinely great players in that team aside from the fat, stumpy cheat: Burrucharga, Valdano, Olarticochea (sp?) & the magically named Jose Luis Brown.
Yeah there were definitely good players but in terms of being a talisman and leading by example no-one has quite emulated his efforts. I've seen everyone of the games and it is quite obvious they would never have got near winning without him!!! As for my passport i am being an objective football fan!! :D

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I was watching a documentary on TV and he said he didnt take the drugs in the 1994 world cup - why would i need drugs for performance enhancement after agreeing to taking cocaine during the 90 incident.
Lol.. he was probably on coke when he said that....