• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England 24 -man squad for 2006 World Cup

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
England possible 24 -man squad for 2006 World Cup

Well tournament is just around the corner, but even though they haven't fully qualified yet i have all faith that my countrymen will make it, here what i think the England sqaud should be like:

GOAL-KEEPERS:

Paul Robinson, Chris Kirkland, Robert Green

DEFENDERS:

Gary Neville, John Terry, Sol Campbell, Rio Ferdinand, Ashely Cole, Luke Young, John Woodgate, Jamie Carrager.

MID-FIELDERS:

David Beckham, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Joe Cole, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Jermaine Jenas, Danny Murphy, Michael Carrick.

STRIKERS:

Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney, Jermaine Defoe, Peter Crouch, Emile Hesky.

Well our defence is extremely strong that talented blokes like Ledley King, Wayne Bridge & Matt Upson would miss out for me. Mid-field also looks good some may argue with my selection of Murphy but i've been impressed with him & if he keeps it up between now & the WC I would have him infront of Hargreaves or Butt, Downing or Parker

Going foward i think this would be the best options unfortunately i dont think Man U blokes like Richardson & Smith nor new boy Bent should be their in front of Crouch or Hesky since their hight added to the speed of Owen, Rooney & Defoe would be a good combination.

Last edited:

Don

State Vice-Captain
england to win the wc if not portugal,
tough eng squad there looks solid thoruigh and through

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Isn't this not so much tempting fate as kicking it in the balls & saying "Do your worst?!" :huh: :D

We aren't there yet folks....

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BoyBrumby said:
Isn't this not so much tempting fate as kicking it in the balls & saying "Do your worst?!" :huh: :D

famous last words but im really not worried about that, they got a serve kick up the backside agsint northern island and now they are propelry into the season im sure they will qualify with relative ease

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:

dont worry we'll make it...

ash chaulk

International Captain
i thought it was... i wouldnt have found this if i was in the football thread cos i dont look in there

Barney Rubble

International Coach
GK: Robinson, Green, Kirkland

DEF: G Neville, Carragher, Terry, Ferdinand, Campbell, King, A Cole, Bridge

MID: Beckham, Wright-Phillips, Gerrard, Lampard, Carrick, J Cole, Downing, Parker

FWD: Rooney, Owen, Defoe, D Bent

Craig

World Traveller
Woodgate actually has to play a game for Real Madrid before he can get picked.

Before that I just thought he was an Englishman living in Madrid earning £80,000 per week (according to the report I read after his move there) and doing stuff all.

Bit like Winston Bogarde.