• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** A1 Grand Prix

Langeveldt

Soutie
First round takes place soon at Brands Hatch in the UK

I'm liking the concept, hopefully it brings back the true values of real motor racing, something which was left behind quite a while ago with F1 which I have largely lost interest in..

I like the idea of pitting nation against nation as well..

I cant access the website for some reason, but who is driving for GB and RSA?

Last edited:

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Site's being funny for me aswell so I don't know the drivers.

Looks like it could be a top class racing series though, especially if they get some big names involved.

EDIT: Site's working now, GB drivers are Alex Lloyd and Robbie Kerr and the SA drivers are Tomas Scheckter, Alan van de Merwe and Stephen Simpson.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Ah, Tomas "honest, I'm actually good, I'm not just riding on my dad's surname" Scheckter.

Wondered what happened to him!

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Ah, Tomas "honest, I'm actually good, I'm not just riding on my dad's surname" Scheckter.

Wondered what happened to him!
On that note, Nelson Piquet Jnr is in it as well.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It sounds an intresting concept and i would go but i think the one at brands hatch is on saturday and i will be at the rose bowl. An awful lot depends on the quality of the drivers and the publicity it can acheive. Forumula 1 has been much better this year but there still serious issues with it, the news of Buttons proposed williams proposal being bought out for 30 million dollors struck me as prettty obsurd.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Baconator said:
On that note, Nelson Piquet Jnr is in it as well.
Did he win the forumla 3 championship a couple of years ago? i dont know what hes done since

Langeveldt

Soutie
All the best drivers are of course in the circus that is F1, as this hopefully grows in popularity, and money, maybe we'll start seeing some high profile switchovers..

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Is anyone else here following the competition? I like it. Especially the sprint race before the main event. There's a lot to see during qualifying and then the 2 races as well. Also get a chance at seeing some younger drivers, future F1 stars.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i had high hopes but what ive seen hasnt impressed me, seems like a complete waste of time...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
There hasn't been much media coverage of it at all here, which means you really have to go searching for info, which is really quite annoying

shaka

International Regular
NZ doing reasonably well so far this season, not having a good day in the current GP round. Im impressed with the series as well.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Wow!
Great racing. I'm watching this and the cricket. The racing is so exciting, I'm missing some of the cricket. :)

twctopcat

International Regular
A1 is all well and good but the cars and drivers are crap. Not a patch on F1 even if there is overtaking etc. If there were 20 of me out there , there would of course be a lot of incident and overtaking etc but that wouldn't constitute good driving. For that see the last lap of the Japanese GP this year.