• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tri Nations 2005

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Australia deserved to win James?

IMO, the South African defense outplayed Australia, even when under immense pressure and hence, they deserved to win. Not to mention Australia`s indiscipline.

shaka

International Regular
Although at halftime SA had missed 14 tackles to the 6 missed by Australia. This was disappointing.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
There are two halves to a game.

Hence, us winning a half, but losing the match. =P

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
The Wallabies are playing so badly at the moment, all the backline moves are lame and predictable meaning that even when we get good position we dont score that often. Lote is wasted out on the wing the way they play.

Blaze

Banned
age_master said:
The Wallabies are playing so badly at the moment, all the backline moves are lame and predictable meaning that even when we get good position we dont score that often. Lote is wasted out on the wing the way they play.

The backline is lame because of the players you have in it. You really do suffer without Larkem marshalling the troops.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
how do u figure? i just dont like the Wallabies, sure theres some hatred after the ARU pinched Wendell and Lote, but i find the team in general to be generally crap, and growing up with league and being used to winning all the time i cant handle seeing australia perform so poorly and lose so often...
You harbour some hatred because union took some players from league? Oh, the hypocrisy.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
age_master said:
Mmmm, Gits is out of his depth organising and calling the plays.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Voltman said:
You harbour some hatred because union took some players from league? Oh, the hypocrisy.
not from league, but from my league team ;)
wendell and Lote were great league players and made a huge difference to the broncos...

shaka

International Regular
all the things he has done while in the team is nothing to ignore. It is amazing though that if he does go, all three tri nations halfbacks would have left the international scene through retirement or overseas and all within the space of a year.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I went up to Dunedin for the match on Saturday. Great game to be at. Things that stood out were:

- Mealamu's work around the paddock and his throwing at the lineout. Both top-class
- McDonald was solid without being spectacular. He took the ball to the line well, in particular.
- Collins deserved the two week ban. No need for him to run in and throw punches at a player who wasn't aggravating the situation.
- Rokocoko is back to his best - he and Sivivatu being used together in some way is a mouthwatering thought.
- Weepu continues to grow in his role. He is still taking the odd wrong option, but I'm really happy with his progress.
- Burger was pretty much nullified, although I'm still not sold on So'oialo at #8.

shaka

International Regular
I am hoping they replace Gear with Howlett for the Aussie clash. Gear did not have a memorable game at all and it would be good to see Joe and Doug reunited at international level.

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
shaka said:
I am hoping they replace Gear with Howlett for the Aussie clash. Gear did not have a memorable game at all and it would be good to see Joe and Doug reunited at international level.
id prefer if sitivenis fit to see him and rokocoko on the wings