• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tri Nations 2005

James

Cricket Web Owner
I wouldn't be so sure Blaze, if its typical Dunedin weather and comes down to goal kicking we could be in trouble with Carter out.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
KennyD said:
This is all rather above you, isn't it.
how do u figure? i just dont like the Wallabies, sure theres some hatred after the ARU pinched Wendell and Lote, but i find the team in general to be generally crap, and growing up with league and being used to winning all the time i cant handle seeing australia perform so poorly and lose so often...

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
James said:
Drew Mitchell is one superb player!
Drew went to my school's biggest rival - his school was scum! I remember watching him in 2001, I was 14, playing 1st XV against us. He was so good.

Anyway, now he goes out with the daughter of a teacher at my school who happens to be a model - the daughter that is.

James

Cricket Web Owner
broncoman said:
how do u figure? i just dont like the Wallabies, sure theres some hatred after the ARU pinched Wendell and Lote, but i find the team in general to be generally crap, and growing up with league and being used to winning all the time i cant handle seeing australia perform so poorly and lose so often...
That's because they want to play a truly global game :p

Blaze

Banned
broncoman said:

It's called playing a sport where other countries take it seriously and competition is competitive.

KennyD

broncoman said:
But you can't expect the same winning trend with League, because there is pretty much no opposition, apart from GB or NZ putting together a good side once ever 10 years. Union is a world game, and playing against cultures where Union rules the roost. Surely there cant be some understanding for these current underperformers? :)

Blaze

Banned
James said:
I wouldn't be so sure Blaze, if its typical Dunedin weather and comes down to goal kicking we could be in trouble with Carter out.

Na McCallister will do the job. Dunedien was fine tonight in the Otago Auckland match and if the conditions aren't too bad we will run rampent. The Springboks really just feed off the oppositions mistakes, they don't create much.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
James said:
If Montgomery's kicking today is anything to go by I wouldn't be losing too much sleep. :p

Will Eddie Jones last to the (NH) autumn now? Wallabies in a dire run.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
KennyD said:
But you can't expect the same winning trend with League, because there is pretty much no opposition, apart from GB or NZ putting together a good side once ever 10 years. Union is a world game, and playing against cultures where Union rules the roost. Surely there cant be some understanding for these current underperformers? :)
i never said i expected it, i dont hate the game, it just frustrates me.... i will say its better than AFL, but thats about as nice i can be...

Blaze

Banned
KennyD said:

And in Rugby Union we are actually allowed to play full strength sides unlike in league where the australian clubs often decide that NZ players need end of year surgery which rules them out of internationals.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Seeing the points table the Boks are 7 points clear of the All Blacks which isn't nice. Even if we win both games South Africa could still take it out on bonus points!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Blaze said:
And in Rugby Union we are actually allowed to play full strength sides unlike in league where the australian clubs often decide that NZ players need end of year surgery which rules them out of internationals.
Some hard cheese to go with sir's sour grapes?! :p

KennyD

BoyBrumby said:
If Montgomery's kicking today is anything to go by I wouldn't be losing too much sleep. :p

Will Eddie Jones last to the (NH) autumn now? Wallabies in a dire run.
Eddie will...I think. Theres a lot of respect there.

Montgomery, off night. Always a bit swirly in Perth, probably didn't suit him. I do believe he is the best goal kicker in the game at the moment. I love that powerful strike of 2 paces.

Blaze

Banned
BoyBrumby said:
Some hard cheese to go with sir's sour grapes?! :p

Haha your right but It is a farce how the kiwi players get treated when it comes to Tri Nations time. If we could get a full strength side on the paddock we might just see some competitive international league.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
KennyD said:

Montgomery, off night. Always a bit swirly in Perth, probably didn't suit him. I do believe he is the best goal kicker in the game at the moment. I love that powerful strike of 2 paces.
Dunno. Wilts under pressure far too often for me. IIRC he was one of the SA kickers who missed everything when the Lions stole the 2nd test in 97.

I'd say it's prob still Wilko for me as no. 1, closely followed by Carter.

I think Eddie will survive too, but I know how you Aussies feel about defeats.... :D

Blaze

Banned
KennyD said:

Carter has his measure IMO.

Blaze

Banned
James said:
Habana is brilliant? Any winger in the world would have scored those two tries IMO.

It was his pace that ensured he scored but he is not actually that flash. He has **** for hands and will be exposed in due course.