• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tri Nations 2005

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
I fail to see how Chris Whittaker could be considered a better half back than his same age Wallabies captain George Gregan !!
They are very even. The fact that Whitaker doesn't seem to get a look in while many other Aussie positions are always highly contested is what irks me.

Blaze

Banned
Australia got demolished at scrum time and we dominated the rucks, winning lots more turnovers. I am surprised that AUS didn't start both Waugh and Smith and try and nulify McCaw. Aus have big problems with their scrum though, I haven't seen a top international team getting destroyed like that at scrum time for a long while.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
Australia got demolished at scrum time and we dominated the rucks, winning lots more turnovers. I am surprised that AUS didn't start both Waugh and Smith and try and nulify McCaw. Aus have big problems with their scrum though, I haven't seen a top international team getting destroyed like that at scrum time for a long while.
The Australian scrum was terrible TBH, I'm surprised they didn't conceed more penalties than what they did. Also agree that starting Roe ahead of Waugh was a slightly bizarre move, I definitely would've started with Waugh and Smith...strange.

Overall a good comeback from the All Blacks after an extremely slow start but certainly not the best performance we've produced - something still to work on for the coaching staff.

Anyone heard any news on Daniel Carter's injury?

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Roe was probably Australia's best forward in my opinion.

Drew Mitchell had a very good attacking game in his first run on test, only problem was missing Rockocko down the sideline.

On Joe, gee, he played pretty well. Loved that solo try of his at the end of the match.

And Whitaker is easily a better SH than Gregan. I wish Gregan would stop that bloody slow little tap dance he does at the base of each ruck before he delivers the ball.

shaka

International Regular
So far its a tussle between SA and NZ, might come down to the Dunedin game between the two, bonus points might make or break the tri nations. Brilliant game by the Rok and Weepu had a good game as well.

shaka

International Regular
Flatley is a late exclusion due to injury
SA lead 5-0 thanx to a Brian Habana try.

Blaze

Banned
James said:
Goodness me - has there ever been a worse ref than this one!

He's doing alright and is quite a good ref from what i've seen in the past IMO. Both teams are going in hard to the breakdown area and slowing down the ball which always results in penalties. Australia really do need to find a decent front row.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
haha Wallabies are crap, i hate them so much, they arent real australian's...

James

Cricket Web Owner
I thought Australia played quite well and deserved to win actually. South Africa were very lucky in getting two run away tries when the Aussies were on attack.

Drew Mitchell is one superb player!

Blaze

Banned
broncoman said:
haha Wallabies are crap, i hate them so much, they arent real australian's...

Wow that's harsh. They have a lot of injuries and with the side they put out there, they punched above their weight. On paper it was a very ordinary side and it just proves they have very little depth.

All Blacks to beat Springboks by 20 next week.