• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tri Nations 2005

Blaze

Banned
JASON said:
Jason as usual predicts wrong !! :( :( :confused: :down: :down: :crybaby: :surrender

Haha you should make a prediction and then reverse what you predict and then you might have a better success rate :)

I didn't watch the game.. who was the better side?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
Haha you should make a prediction and then reverse what you predict and then you might have a better success rate :)

I didn't bother watching it either, but apparently South Africa were unlucky not to win by a larger margin with the pressure they put on the Wallabies.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Blaze said:

SA were...

Australia's game was riddled with mistakes, although Paul Honiss didn't do them any favours.

Blaze

Banned
KennyD said:
SA were...

Australia's game was riddled with mistakes, although Paul Honiss didn't do them any favours.

Haha pretty much sums up the All Blacks match last night. Andrew Cole didn't have once of his better days IMO but the all blacks did themselves no favours by making mistake after mistake. I wasn't overly impressed by the boks. They have a very simple game plan and will struggle in NZ and AUS IMO. The All Blacks would have won if they had been more composed but a loss might do them good and keep their feet on the ground.

Terrible cheap shot by Viktor Matfield on Byron Kelleher. It was right in front of the touch judge but nothing was said. It took Byron out of the game. His replacement, Weepu, was probably our best player on the day which is heartning to know he will step up when required and the Byron cannot get too comfortable.

Not sure on the status of Umaga with his injury. Hope he won't miss next week against AUS.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Disappointing to hear about that result but at least it gives our side a wake-up call for the remainder of the series. Was hoping to catch a replay on SkySport 3 this morning but nice to see Sky think some athletic events are more important to show!

shaka

International Regular
Well done Boks, they really did need to win both home games and that is exactly what happened.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Such a disorganised game, NZ just needed to calm down and not rush things, which unfortunately they didn't do. It appeared as if there was no calming influence within the team, and that role needs to come from Carter. Hate those Boks, Hate Matfield. I agree with Blaze, that shot on Kelleher was terrible, late, swinging arm. Thug.

shaka

International Regular
is an SOS being called for Justin Marshall? if Byron is out of the next test

Blaze

Banned
shaka said:
is an SOS being called for Justin Marshall? if Byron is out of the next test

There is no need. We need to look to the future not back to the past. Weepu played an outstanding game IMO. He is very destructive round the ruck and was one of our besdt players after being thrown in early, unexpectedly. Carter had a nightmare but he needed a poor game.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
shaka said:
Why is Steve Devine not being looked into? because he is from Auckland?
What a silly comment. Look how many Auckland players are in the squad - Mils, Rokocoko, McAlister (from Harbour, but the Blues), Williams, Woodcock (Harbour, but Blues), Mealamu, Witcombe, Afoa...

Devine wasn't picked because he doesn't have the physical side to his game - Senio, despite being small, does.

I am suprised devine isn't in but I can see why they picked Senio, this guy is very talented. Even though Weepu Played very well in the weekend I feel Senio could in a while be Kelleher's no1 backup. I don't rate Weepu's passing at all, its all over the place at times.

Blaze

Banned
shaka said:
Why is Steve Devine not being looked into? because he is from Auckland?

Are you serious? Greame Henry is the All Blacks coach, who has he coached in the past?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I watched the game live, but have been busy at work and couldn't post earlier !!

Great game , The Boks played well, but the ABs were unlucky to lose !!
I always expected the ABs to score a few last minute tries and win the test , but some how it seemed not to be !

Test at Sydney will be interesting !! Expect the game to either be a tie or a close ABs win.

shaka

International Regular
I was trying to emphasise and ask why Devine was not being looked at for the position in the AB's, the Auckland part was a side note.

I think AB's will win against Australia

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
ABs deserved winners. Tony Spreadbury's refereeing received adverse publicity in NZ and I have to say I agree with that. It was strange the way he went about giving the Wallabies an advantage in the first 15 minutes despite the ABs doing better in terms of use of ball.

Having said that the ABs made several mistakes and it was an error ridden performance considering they were playing a weakened Wallabies line-up and the number of scoring opportunities missed near or close to the line.The ABs IMO tried hard to not win by a bigger margin. Drew Mitchell had a good game considering his lack of international experience. Sorry to see Dan Carter limp off. ABs should nail this Tri Nations very easily , While Jake White's stocks keep rising in SA and poor Eddie (Jones) and Georgie (Gregan) have a real tussle on their hands in the face of adverse media barrage by Ex-wallabies including "Campo" (David Campese).

I fail to see how Chris Whittaker could be considered a better half back than his same age Wallabies captain George Gregan !!

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
I fail to see how Chris Whittaker could be considered a better half back than his same age Wallabies captain George Gregan !!
Where does that comment come from? Gregan started, and played, most of the match... there's nothing wrong with them trying something towards the end of the match.