• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Right, as far as I'm concerned it starts now. Willand Rovers 0-3 Exeter City

(*) We're going up as f-ing champions (*)

On an unrelated note...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Willand Rovers. Ooooooh!! Guess who hosts Chelsea in a month and 2 days? :p

cpr

International Coach
Sunderland, West Ham and Portsmouth for me (cmon wigan, stay up!)

And i'm gonna get slated for being a man utd fan (its actually the closest club to me.... well bar NW Counties finest FC Trafford and arch rivals Flixton Town, even though i'm from flixton, but meh), my prediction for the season is...... 4th.... because lets face it, we couldnt score in a brothel.... As neil delightfully shows, Weebledo is just pants, Giggs is old, Scholes has lost it, Keane is decreped. Klebersen is somehow still employed.....

Boo, cheers for getting my hopes for a new season up guys......

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i reckon West Ham and Sunderland will stay up, to go down Wigan, WBA and a surprise, Blackburn maybe...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i dunno, i reckon if they start well he could survive long enough to not be the first sacked...
i think it could be Mark Hughes...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Souness has bought a couple of decent players in Emre & Parker but he's got no one to play upfront with Shearer since both Bellamy & Kluivert are gone.

Incidently it was Blackburn who signed Bellamy and a they were in desperate need for a decent striker.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
^ yeah aussie im with you.. whoa cant believe english football season is starting already :O i just thought it was over too.. feels like it anyway.. that means our cricket season is coming soon :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cpr said:
And i'm gonna get slated for being a man utd fan (its actually the closest club to me.... well bar NW Counties finest FC Trafford and arch rivals Flixton Town, even though i'm from flixton, but meh)
Not from here you won't - it's the ones from Surrey who've only just started supporting them that get the stick.

I still maintain selling Horse is the way to go.

Craig

World Traveller
Lincoln to become formality to make the play-off's in League Two and get knocked out, as in the last couple of years.

Which English club wants Edgar Davids?

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Pickup said:

(*) We're going up as f-ing champions (*)

On an unrelated note...

To be fair if you run at spped and somebody tackles you tend to go down easy.

If you want divers, try Deco and his former team mates at FC Porto.

Arjen Robben was guilty of this which is wrong of a player so good should not have to resort to that.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
steds said:
Wigan signed a Yorkie goalkeeper from Rotheram :sleep: :dry:
hes is a very fine keeper i will have you know, mike pollit is a very good keeper and has bailed rotherham out many a time, i rate him quite highly.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Craig said:
Lincoln to become formality to make the play-off's in League Two and get knocked out, as in the last couple of years.

Which English club wants Edgar Davids?
spurs want him probably.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
sledger said:
hes is a very fine keeper i will have you know, mike pollit is a very good keeper and has bailed rotherham out many a time, i rate him quite highly.
Cant have bailed tham out that many times considering the number of points they got last year