• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
I don't support club sides, they're just companies with massively overpaid staff - I don't see any good reason to support one company particularly as they're all thoroughly dislikeable, just some are more dislikeable than others...

Only international football really interests me, but then that is ruined by most major competitions being directly or indirectly decided by a glorified coin tossing competition.
Why dont you support a lower league team they are not big companies. I do really enjoy the premiership but if you dont like then why dont you support a "real" side. The atmospere at griffin park (brentford) is simply wonderfull you couldnt get further away from the premiership.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
aussie said:
yeah i that may have been a bit better, to chose something other than that.
I really, really don't believe how many subtle (and not-so-subtle) digs you're not just missing but swallowing whole!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
sledger said:
firstly you can argue the point about them just being companies to pretty much any sport worldwide,
secondly fair enough about you following international competitions as a priority, but im not entirely sure where you are coming from with the suggestion of glorified coin tossing, care to elaborate?
Penalty shootouts. Anyway with a team like Durham CCC around half of the team, even this season (a lot more imports than usual), are home grown and of course you've then got guys like Harmison and Collingwood who go on to the international side. That's the main importance of clubs in my view, to produce England players - I would rather Durham produced guys like Harmison and Collingwood than won some silverware with nobody in the England team.

Craig

World Traveller
sledger said:
yes, because gerrard, gattuso, vieira and makelele are all such diving cry babies.
In the case of Makelele then yes. His dive against Monaco was one of e the worst I have seen. It should have been him sent off as well.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Yes i remember that was a total disgrace.

Looks like Newcastle might be getting Anelka which doesnt really see senisble, bringing yet another trempromental winger into the side but if his head is right he will score goals.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Exaclty and i thought sounes was going to sort that out......
Atleast Robert has gone, god knows what those two in the same club would be like

Craig

World Traveller
kendall said:
Yes i remember that was a total disgrace.

Looks like Newcastle might be getting Anelka which doesnt really see senisble, bringing yet another trempromental winger into the side but if his head is right he will score goals.
He's a striker :p

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Shaun wright-phillips off to chelsea for 21m, i think its a good move for the youngster

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Craig said:
He's a striker :p
he meant winger as in someone who winges, as in moans and groans and is a total pain in the *** etc... not a winger like duff, ronaldo etc...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
aussie said:
Shaun wright-phillips off to chelsea for 21m, i think its a good move for the youngster
not really, if he isnt an instant sucess then he will just be replaced by someone like joaquin, he also has duff, robben and joe cole ahead of him at chelsea, with it being impossible to play any more than 2 of them in a side at any given time he would have been better of joining arsenal or man utd.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Yes i agree with Duff and Robben in the side he is going too have too perform very well it would be better for him if he has gone too arsenal

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
he should have kept it in the family with ian wright being such an arsenal legend :p

although soon his al time scoring record will no doubt be broken by henry, who indidentaly is the new arsenal skipper.