• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

Craig

World Traveller
Ian Walker would be the example of players who never fullfilled their potential that I can think of amongst English players.

Only a week to go to my EPL packed weekend...(when I will actually be there)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ian Walker would be the example of players who never fullfilled their potential that I can think of amongst English players.
well the fact that he chose to play for england rather than scotland when david seaman was firmly established as englands number one keeper meant that his prospects were somewhat slashed from a very early stage anyway, not to mention the fact that he wasnt ever anything more than an adequete goal keeper.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
one half of me is pleased, the other is aggitated as thats thrown a spanner in the works of my fantasy team.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Laurent Robert - what a lovely bloke. I hope the mob of angry Pompey fans looking for him on the streets of Sunderland right now find him and let him know what's what. I hope he never pulls on a blue shirt again.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barney Rubble said:
Laurent Robert - what a lovely bloke. I hope the mob of angry Pompey fans looking for him on the streets of Sunderland right now find him and let him know what's what. I hope he never pulls on a blue shirt again.
I'm sure the Sunderland fans will join in the hunt as well.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Who cares about Robert, his replacement Taylor grabbed two assists and two goals including a 40-yard wondergoal, the arrogant idiot can bugger off back to France and stay there. We don't need him.

4-1. Get in. :D

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Barney Rubble said:
Who cares about Robert, his replacement Taylor grabbed two assists and two goals including a 40-yard wondergoal, the arrogant idiot can bugger off back to France and stay there. We don't need him.

4-1. Get in. :D
What's Robert done then? Blown Pompey out?

Like you say it doesn't seem to have harmed you any! Weirdly enough I dumped him from one of my dream teams today. If only I was always so prescient. Or "jammy" as some might call it... :whistling

Barney Rubble

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
What's Robert done then? Blown Pompey out?

Like you say it doesn't seem to have harmed you any! Weirdly enough I dumped him from one of my dream teams today. If only I was always so prescient. Or "jammy" as some might call it... :whistling
He was dropped to the bench today so he decided to storm out of the stadium and refuse to play. He then returned later on because he had nowhere to go - just in time to see us start battering them, and to see Taylor bang in a goal Robert would have been bragging about for years.

What a tw@t.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luckyeddie said:
Loving listening to Middlesbrough giving Scum a good seeing-to at the moment ;)
Typical erratic Middlesbrough, it's almost a racing certainty they'll draw or lose their next Premiership game.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
Loving listening to Middlesbrough giving Scum a good seeing-to at the moment ;)
The world's turned upside-down - the Buccaneers losing 4-1, and Pompey winning 4-1 away from home. A truly bizarre day. Chelsea still on the march though - some things never change.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Barney Rubble said:
Who cares about Robert, his replacement Taylor grabbed two assists and two goals including a 40-yard wondergoal
And I nearly picked him for my Fantasy team :(

Oh well, 2 more for Frank, plus Cristiano and Joe means I should make it 11 from 11.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The Premiership table looks weird. Wigan now at no. 2.

Man U were out paced in the game vs Middlesbrough really.

What do you think will be the season ending positions of teams at this still early juncture in the season? Stick your necks out.