• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2012 who get Your Vote

which city gets your vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

biased indian

International Coach
IOC is to decide which country is to host the 2012 olympics tommorrow .

which city gets your vote and why???

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
London would be my preference. It's pretty much between London and Paris anyway.

biased indian

International Coach
PARIS President Jacques Chirac of France cracked jokes about mad cow diseases and bad English food during a conversation with President Vladimir Putin of Russia and Chancellor Gerhard Schröder of Germany in Kaliningrad on Sunday, a French daily, Libération, reported Monday.

"The only thing they have ever done for European agriculture is mad cow," Chirac joked, eliciting laughter from Schröder and Putin, the newspaper said. As for British food, Chirac apparently said, "You can't trust people who cook as badly as that."

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
London, beats every other choice hands down. Besides who eats English food in London ? And french food, lets not even talk about that.

Waughney

International Debutant
Paris, but don't know much about each bid. To go to London to watch the olympics would just cost too much.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Obviously I want London to get it, but expect to see the Frogs given it.

Not sure why NY has bid, seeing as it was in the US not that long ago.

I did see that there's a rumour that Moscow, London and Madrid are conspiring that they advice anyone who backs them to switch to ensure they get rid of Paris if they get knocked out in the first round.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Moscow, Moscow, drinking vodka all night long
Keeps you happy, makes you strong, Hoh-hoh-hoh-hoh-hoh, Hey!
Moscow, Moscow, come and have a drink and then
You will never leave again, Hah-hah-hah-hah-hah...

How can you go wrong?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
As an ex- resident of London I am probably biased , but IMO London is a truly wonderful City.

I loved it when I lived there and couldn't get enough of this truly amazing City with so much to do and so many thousand facets to it . The cutural melting pot , the great variety and a truly Romantic City If you know what I mean !!

I love London !! :D

London all the way !!!!

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I voted for Moscow because Ive just been listening to that awesome song "Winds of Change" by the Scorpions..

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
I'm going for London.

Madrid won't get it as a fall out of the RFEF (Spanish football/soccer federation) giving out p***weak fines (less then $2000) to the racial abuse that was dished out by fans (Spain v England is the biggest example) they may as well not have fined them at all. Plus there is always ETA.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I am hoping for Paris as its the city of romance and would love to spend time there in 2012. Thats how you have to look at it I guess, where would you like to go, if you go, to see the olympics.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
There's no chance of Moscow or New York getting it - Madrid is also unlikey - it will come down to how the second/third preference votes get split between London and Paris.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
It was in Barca 20 years ago (in 2012)

I can't put in to words how amazingly cool it would be to have the Olympics In Britain, for me and the age group to about 8 years younger than me, could give us a great line of Athletes who have been inspired by the stars.