• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2012 who get Your Vote

which city gets your vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Madrid.

They could do with some positive international attention after the 2002 bombings; and it goes without saying that all the other candidates have hosted it about a dozen times each.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
LongHopCassidy said:
Madrid.

They could do with some positive international attention after the 2002 bombings; and it goes without saying that all the other candidates have hosted it about a dozen times each.
I saw in a news report that New York have never held an olympics.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Mister Wright said:
There have only been 3 cities in the U.S.A. to host the Olympics. St. Louis, Los Angeles (2) and Atlanta.

Full list of Olympic host cities.

I think London has had its fair share.
Ah, I was thinking of St. Louis' one, thought that might have been New York.

Langeveldt

Soutie
probably would have been Madrid for me.. Could have done with a boost, and haven't had it before, still congrats London!

Scaly piscine

Mister Wright said:
It's 2 more than New York and a whole lot of other cities in other coutries.
London stepped in at the last minute to host those 2 tho, one because of a volcanic eruption and another because WWII had left those higher up the pecking order in too much of a ruin.

Langeveldt

Soutie
At the moment though we have the Olympics in Beijing coming up, is it just me, or should they have gone to Harare next if they want to keep supporting countries with shocking human rights records?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Langeveldt said:
At the moment though we have the Olympics in Beijing coming up, is it just me, or should they have gone to Harare next if they want to keep supporting countries with shocking human rights records?
Tianamen who? :huh: :innocent:

Scaly piscine

Langeveldt said:
Well New York made it through to the last 5...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
a) Did Harare place a bid?

b) That would look a gesture supporting Mugabe's dictatorship, so it wouldn't happen anyway

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Congratulations London !! One of my most favourite and loved Cities ! :happy:

Chirac shot his own bid in the foot when he criticised English food !! Serves him right !!

Good on London for winning a tight close race !! :happy:

This despite Jacques Rogge the IOC President himself being French !!