• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

netball tonight

nibbs

International Captain
new zealand 50 australia 43. new zealand's first win in sydney for 24 years or something. new zealand are now definitety the favourites for gold at the commonwealth games next year...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I think you would say 'I am going to play netball' tonight or some thing on those lines :)

well done new zealand. always a pleasure beating the aussies for you guys I guess, whatever sport.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Over the last four to five years, the Silver Ferns have slowly been getting the wood on the Aussies. Can't see things changing to a large extent. The only thing that could stop NZ from winning it at the Commonwealth Games is the home court for Australia.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting reaction after the game.

Australia say they were bullied out of the game...hahaha, how many times have they done that to us?. They have a short memory.

nibbs

International Captain
Tim said:
Interesting reaction after the game.

Australia say they were bullied out of the game...hahaha, how many times have they done that to us?. They have a short memory.
the australians are definitely hypocrites, tim

shaka

International Regular
Irene van Dyk has influenced this trend towards consistently beating the Aussies.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
shaka said:
Irene van Dyk has influenced this trend towards consistently beating the Aussies.
Influenced it, or been completely responsible for?

I want DNA tests, I'm not convinced she's human! :p

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Aussies WERE bullied. Sucks when your own tactics are used against you, don't it? It was a rough game but nothing outrageously outside the rules or anything.

The NZ players are tougher and smarter than the Aussies are. Plus, whenever the Aussies had the ball, there seemed to be black shirts everywhere. So I'd suggest they're just a better side. Certainly in the attacking half, they are miles ahead.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
everyone should be allowed a bad game every now and than, its not so much NZ have the wood on Aus, its just that its more even these days, losing key players hurt us alot.

cbuts

International Debutant
vic_orthdox said:
Over the last four to five years, the Silver Ferns have slowly been getting the wood on the Aussies. Can't see things changing to a large extent. The only thing that could stop NZ from winning it at the Commonwealth Games is the home court for Australia.
whislt we do have the advantage at the mo, both teams are so close that in a one of game it could go either way

Blaze

Banned
age_master said:
everyone should be allowed a bad game every now and than, its not so much NZ have the wood on Aus, its just that its more even these days, losing key players hurt us alot.

I am pretty sure we have the wood on you. 61-36

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Netball's makin up for our poor cricket performance in S.Africa.. lets make Netball our national sport after rugby now temporarily..