• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Confedarations Cup

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The 3rd4th playf remains and the final

Who do you think will win? Who do you support?

Brazil for me with a splendid Ronaldinho goal to clinch a 2-1 win :)

Cloete

International Captain
DELETE THIS THREAD!!! DELETE IT!!!

There was no "Confederations Cup", I have NO idea what you're talking about! :@:@

:(!

King_Ponting

International Regular
Haha yeh Brazil for me as well....... Looks like someone is bound to be wrong in the never ending question thread......

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cloete said:
DELETE THIS THREAD!!! DELETE IT!!!

There was no "Confederations Cup", I have NO idea what you're talking about! :@:@

:(!
Haha, word.

Oh wait, you're not talking about it being a Mickey Mouse tournament that no one cares about...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Craig said:
Farina got sacked just an hour ago.
You serious? Surely that ranks up there with the most idiotic decisions of all time - sacking your coach a few months before an important WC qualifier when they've played well enough in all matches so far... :blink:

Cloete

International Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
Haha, word.

Oh wait, you're not talking about it being a Mickey Mouse tournament that no one cares about...
Err... yes I was! :blink:

Did you think I meant something else? How could you have Hakon? That's just disgraceful!

Craig

World Traveller
Samuel_Vimes said:
You serious? Surely that ranks up there with the most idiotic decisions of all time - sacking your coach a few months before an important WC qualifier when they've played well enough in all matches so far... :blink:
Serious I'm afraid. It was on the cards that he would get sacked if they didn't win a game at the Confed Cup , then the story was that his job was safe, but now he is out of work.

They only do this in South America where being a coach is a pointless job where if you have a bad run of results you are sacked (Corninthiens sacked their coach after losing 5-1 to Sao Paulo), and at Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, and Inter.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Samuel_Vimes said:
Cracking match, at least the first 60 minutes. Some really nice goals. :)
Yea, with the added bonus that a typical Argie team (endless supply of 'tackles' trying to put players out of football for months) got trounced. On another day Ronaldinho would have got sent off for that arm flail tho.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I think Mexico did really well in this tournament. They were just unfortunate against Argentina.

Craig

World Traveller
sledger said:
he resigned actually.
It was a 'mutul' thing.

What a load of crap he was sacked or he quit, when will chairmen and their board cronies realise this? But hey some of them wouldn't know the difference between a goal kick and centre back.

I'm glad they have ruled out Terry Venables to become manager.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Any one who thought the final wouldnt be a serious affait should have seen the game yesterday.

Craig

World Traveller
Now that this is over I expect Solari and Samuel to sign for Inter pretty soon to weaken Real Madrid for them to go another season without a title.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I expected Argentina to give a much better fight. I actually picked them to win but oh well.