• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite 3 Sportspeople

Blaze

Banned
Who are your 3 favourite sportspeople of all time?

Mine are
1. Christian Cullen
2. Martin Crowe
3. Jonah Lomu

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
1. Monica Seles
2. Pete Sampras
3. Adam Gilchrist

Many others I really like

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1 Tommy Haas
2 David Coulthard
3 Brett Seymour

Matt Hayden, Darren Lockyer, Theo Lucius, Arjen Robben unlucky to miss out...

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At the moment (still playing):

Stuart MacGill
Daniel Wells
Nick Riewoldt

All time:

Wayne Carey
John Longmire
Stuart MacGill

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
John Longmire. Now there's a blast from the past. What a great man, got everything he could out of himself. Good choice, benchy. (Australian Rules player, before anyone asks)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
Excuse my ignorance, Sanz, but who is the last one?

I feel too dispassionate about individuals to name three.
Prakash Padukone was an Indian Badminton player who won the All England title in 1980 and was one of the top badminton players in the late 70s and early 1980s. Aftger retiring Prakash started a Badminton Academy( http://www.padukoneacademy.com/ ) in India which has produced many international level Badminton players.

Blaze

Banned
Unlucky to miss out for me - Benji Marshall, Dennis Bergkamp, Stacy Jones, Andrew Mehrtens, Michael Campbell and Steve Price

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
More on Padukone :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prakash_Padukone

Apparently he is one of the all time fav sportspersons of Gavaskar
Yes, that is because Prakash is an amazingly down to earth person despite being one of the most successful Indian sportsman, He has never gotten himself involved in any sort of controversy, has a crystal clean image both on and off field which is so rare among sportsmen today. And above all what he has done for Badminton in India all by himself is amazing, I dont think anyone in india in any sport has done that kind of service to the game.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mohammad Ali is my favourite sportsperson of all time.

Aside from him, I dunno. I was a huge personal fan of Mark Taylor as far as cricket goes.. and Andrew McLeod maybe?

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Currently
1. Fernando Alonso
2. Aftab Ahmed Chowdhury
3. Andrew Symonds

All-time
1. Michael Slater
2. Brad Fittler
3. Michael Schumacher

Hayden, Minichiello, Mashrafe, Frentzen and Daley all unlucky not to be included

Kasper

Banned
Glenn McGrath, Matthew Bowen, Tiger Woods.

I also like Gillespie, Kasprowicz, Kostya and heaps of other cricket, Union and League players.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Jamie Lyon
Harbhajan Singh
Rachel Brown

Honourable mentions to Freddie F, Paul Wellens, Keiron Cunningham, Leighton Baines and Gary Keedy

All time would probably be

Brian Statham
Vince Karalius
Neville Southall

Last edited: