• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Soccer Simulation

Cloete

International Captain
I, along with Sriram (Agent TBY) and Simon (Broncoman), are strongly considering creating a soccer/football simulation league. We don't want to give much away yet, as we want to sort teams and the interest level out first. It will, however, be like a European "Super League" competition involving the continent's best teams.

Without hearing basically anything, and I won't be answering questions in this thread, aer you at all interested in this prospect? If you are indeed interested, can you suggest possible teams? (Basically we want Barca, Chelsea etc. but we'd rather hear a few form you guys too. Big teams only, we don't want smaller teams as they will get thrashed!)

More developments will come later, but for the time being we just want to know what the interest level is like! We would also like to find any volunteers in helping with this project.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd be interested in participating for sure.

Is Sydney FC a big enough team,? They did pretty well in that club tournament

Cloete

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
I'd be interested in participating for sure.

Is Sydney FC a big enough team,? They did pretty well in that club tournament
Okay, I'll already break one of the statements I made above about questions :p

European teams only and only those who perform extemely well in their league and/or in the Uefa Cup and the Champions League.

I didn't think you were interested in football Kyle? ;)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cloete said:
only those who perform extemely well in their league and/or in the Uefa Cup and the Champions League.
too bad for Arsenal fans then...

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
u used the word perform :p
lol, RVN to be the best player in the world then (fantastic performer ;). Okay enough talking, I'll just leave this thread for people to respond to my original post.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I'll be interested in this type of comp, would it be simliar to WCC?

Teams: Man Utd and Liverpool, BTW does teams like Parma and Newcastle allowed to take part in this, even though they have fallen away.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
definately. i remember we talked about something like this years ago we just couldn't find a simulator engine good enough... Congrats guys if u have...

I'd wanna make sure that Leverkusen, and Munich are in there. If they are I bags having one of them.

if u want help i'd be up for that...

Cloete

International Captain
Like I said, this thread is not for picking teams. Simply to see which teams to include and how many players/teams we can expect to have.

Teams will be dished out, those that helped with the game will have first preference and from there it iwll be first in best dressed. The teams should be pretty even though anyway. Like I said, all will be explained later, once almost ALL of the groundwork is done!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cloete said:
Okay, I'll already break one of the statements I made above about questions :p

European teams only and only those who perform extemely well in their league and/or in the Uefa Cup and the Champions League.

I didn't think you were interested in football Kyle? ;)
I love football, but hate soccer... :p

Nah, I hate watching soccer, it has to be the most boring sport in the world to watch, but I follow all sports - I always keep track of how the socceroos do, although it's not hard because they usually lose.

I'd still be interested in the sim though, although I couldn't offer names of teams in the European competitions.