• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wimbledon predictions?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
broncoman said:
whats the likelyhood of you being around the forums for 2 weeks without going away?!?!
Beat me to it!

It's make sense for whoever runs it to be fairly close to the same timezone as the actual Tournament.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
It's make sense for whoever runs it to be fairly close to the same timezone as the actual Tournament.
Not really if he can manage proper timings for the tips :p

And regarding the periods I am off, every one is off during specific periods for exams, work etc. :wacko:

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well you need to get the order of play up at least 12 hours before any deadline.

Since it's not released till after the end of the previous day - it makes things very inconvenient if you're a few hours apart. I know I couldn't do the US really, since the order will be released in the middle of the night UK time.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Well you need to get the order of play up at least 12 hours before any deadline.
The draw of the tournament is decided before the tournament starts. After that you know who plays who when and I dont see it being a problem until you go to the site to copy pase the matches which will ensue.

Suppose the top half plays on day 1, the same players play on day 3 according to the set draw. So who plays who is decided much in advance rather than just 12 hours in advance. No use getting into the nitty gritties. Lets just say its easily possible for any one to do regardless of the time zones.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
Hey is Australia in the same time zone as France :wacko:
No? It's like mid afternoon in France now.

edit: heh, didn't read the rest of the thread first. I thought it was a serious question. :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Actually whoever brought up the timezone makes a very good point. The quicker the matches are posted on the board, the easier it will be. I know I didn't have a problem with late tips for the Aus Open, but Wimbledon I unfortunately did (although to be fair it was my internet connection playing up, but timezone also had an effect).

I'm not too fussed if someone in a different time zone holds it, but if someone in the same timezone as the Open (whichever it may be) desires to hold it, it'd probably be for the best.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jono said:
I'm not too fussed if someone in a different time zone holds it, but if someone in the same timezone as the Open (whichever it may be) desires to hold it, it'd probably be for the best.
Isn't Marc in the same timezone as Wimbledon?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i ran the US open last year and was able to have them up easily, id always post the matches in the morning my time and matches wouldnt generally start until about midnight so there would be 12 to get the tips in...