• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FARCE LAND and THE USA GRAND PRIX

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
What the hell???

6 cars running(Bridgestone ers) 2 Ferraris, 2 Jordans and 2 Minardis, all are guarentteed 3 points (including Niko, Indians) and one of the Jordans or (god forbid) Minardis will get a podium. What if Schumacher and Barrichelo Crash?

SORT IT ****ING OUT

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Entirely 110% Michelin's fault.

You can't turn up to an event with unsuitable kit and expect those who are properly prepared to make concessions to suit your own incompetence.

It's like turning up to a test match without pads and asking the opponents to use tennis balls.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Entirely 110% Michelin's fault.

You can't turn up to an event with unsuitable kit and expect those who are properly prepared to make concessions to suit your own incompetence.

It's like turning up to a test match without pads and asking the opponents to use tennis balls.
:yes: :yes: In the previous races when the bridgestones were blowing up, no one suggested boycotts. They just said "too bad" to the bridgestone teams.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Can someone explain this to a non-aficionado? I'm watching it now (at least I think I am) and have no idea what the fuss is about.

biased indian

International Coach
even though i am not a ferrari fan.i think i have to agree with them on this

but
may be as a solution they should have allowed them to put up the chichane
and incure a 20 second stop go penalty for other teams

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Adamc said:
Can someone explain this to a non-aficionado? I'm watching it now (at least I think I am) and have no idea what the fuss is about.
In bullet points:

11 teams
8 with Michelin tyres
3 with Bridgestones
The Michelin tyres have been disintegrating on the last, fast, banked corner of the circuit
Now very, very concerned about safety
Michelin teams refuse to run unless a chicane is added to slow the final corner
Ferrari say "no, why should we bend to your errors?"
Michelin boycott
Six cars left

Sudeep

International Captain
Adamc said:
Ralf Schumacher crashed on Friday due to tyre failure.
Michelin couldn't establish the cause, and withdrew from supplying tyres for the race.
F1 rules say 12 cars are must, but discounting the Michelin cars, only six remain.
The six are now running.
Kartikeyan may get a spot on the podium, which is the best to come out of this. :)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
There are 2 tyre suppliers in F1, Michlein and Bridgestone, the Michlaeins have been deemed unsafe after a crash in qualifying.

So only Bridgestone drivers are competing.

There are only 6 of those.

So we have 6 drivers(only 2 in a decent car) in a Formula 1 race.

biased indian

International Coach
schumi seems to have some problems with his tyres

it would be nice viewing if both ferraris crash out and the minardis and jordans fight it out for the three podium positions

Sudeep

International Captain
biased indian said:
schumi seems to have some problems with his tyres

it would be nice viewing if both ferraris crash out and the minardis and jordans fight it out for the three podium positions
Just heard Schumi's radio, the technician saying the tyres are A-okay, can go 100 laps. :huh:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
You don't get classified if you don't complete 95% (?) race distance.

I don't know if non-classified get points if they don't reach that distance. I know there was a four/five-finishers race at Monaco a decade ago (Salo managed fourth doing a no-stopper in the Tyrrell or something) - but I think a couple of others crashed out on the last lap or so.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
but Minardi and Jordan also agreed to boycott unless a chicane wasn't put in. Jordan then renaged on the deal, and Minardi as they are effectively fighting for last place with Jordan, felt they had to race.