• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pele or Maradona?

Greatest Football Player?

• Maradona

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Pele

Votes: 19 79.2%

• Total voters

Craig

World Traveller
If you mean cheat - Maradona easy.

I can't compare any really, as Pele played and retired well before I was born, and I was too young to remember Maradona, and plus that family doesn't support football (of any type), except me.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Even I'm too old to have seen Pele play, but as an Englishman & one who is old enough to recall 1986 I have to vote for the aging Vigara-peddler.

Whenever I see Maradona's current state I think of an old expression of my dad's,

"God doesn't pay his debts with money."

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
steds said:
Pelé. 1,280 career goals and 97 international ones says it all.
Well, by that token, Arthur Friedenreich should be the greatest ever, as he is rumoured to have scored more than Pelé in the same leagues...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Well, by that token, Arthur Friedenreich should be the greatest ever, as he is rumoured to have scored more than Pelé in the same leagues...
shush :p

He didn't have a cool name, though

yaju

State Vice-Captain
Maradona. His international performances are better than Pele.

Pele scores over Maradona over the fact that he has a clean image.