• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Manchester United FC

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
anyway they are called "FC United of Manchester" apparently, they chose this name from a shortlist where the other names were, "FC Manchester Central", "AFC Manchester 1878" and "Newton Heath United FC"

They weren't allowed to have FC United as it was considered too generic by the FA

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
anyway they are called "FC United of Manchester" apparently, they chose this name from a shortlist where the other names were, "FC Manchester Central", "AFC Manchester 1878" and "Newton Heath United FC"

They weren't allowed to have FC United as it was considered too generic by the FA
Are our reserves or youth players going to be loaned out to this side.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
laugh if they tried, the upstarts would have very little to do with them if the offer came along i expect.

Craig

World Traveller
Out of interest have they got a ground yet?

Would laugh if Fergie quit United and went to the upstarts since he was anti-Glazer as well (bet he has changed his tune to keep his job).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Won't need a ground - they'll groundshare with another Greater Manchester side like Bury, Altrincham or Stockport in the same way that AFC Wimbledon play at Kingstonian's ground.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
well mr glazer and co arent going to have the intrests of the fans at heart are they, man utd were bad enough at this before hand but now...

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
sledger said:
well mr glazer and co arent going to have the intrests of the fans at heart are they, man utd were bad enough at this before hand but now...
old f**ker :dry:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Give him a chance will ya. Although.......limiting the transfer budget like that may prove to be bad.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
not to mention the huge rise in ticket prices that are planned, i think it was 50% or something stupid.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
sledger said:
not to mention the huge rise in ticket prices that are planned, i think it was 50% or something stupid.
and that bloke says i should give him a chance :dry: , i'll tell ya what i'll give him a bullet in his head