• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Manchester United FC

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
That was going to be exactly my point - it remains no decent players in 13 years or so...
Are Beckham, Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs included in that 13 year period or before?

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Pickup said:
"More and more of our imports come form overseas", right?

1) Product, noun - # Something produced by human or mechanical effort or by a natural process.
# A direct result; a consequence

Going to claim Pique, Spector, etc as ManYoo products next? Or the bananas that come into the UK at Plymouth docks as produce of Plymouth?
According to UEFA they do.

In fact it must be a rariety that players come through their own youth ranks and play for their clubs? Didn't Owen come from Everton then onto Liverpool?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Are Beckham, Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs included in that 13 year period or before?
They came in in 1992.

Since then there's been absolutely nothing.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
A bloke on his way into work this morning came to a dead halt in traffic and thinks to himself

"Wow, this traffic seems worse than usual. Nothing's moving."

He notices a police officer walking back and forth between the lines of cars so he rolls down his window and asks:

"Officer what's the hold up?"

The officer replies: "It's a Man Utd fan, he's just so depressed about losing the premiership to Arsenal last season and again to Chelsea this season, being knocked out of Europe, losing in the FA Cup final, selling out to a yank and winning naff all after gobbing off all season whilst Liverpool have won the European Cup , he's threatening to douse himself in petrol and set himself on fire. He says his family hates him and his mates are all laughing at him. I'm walking around taking a collection for him."

"Oh really?" says the bloke "How much have you collected so far?".

"Only about a litre, but a lot of people are still siphoning."

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
A bloke on his way into work this morning came to a dead halt in traffic and thinks to himself

"Wow, this traffic seems worse than usual. Nothing's moving."

He notices a police officer walking back and forth between the lines of cars so he rolls down his window and asks:

"Officer what's the hold up?"

The officer replies: "It's a Man Utd fan, he's just so depressed about losing the premiership to Arsenal last season and again to Chelsea this season, being knocked out of Europe, losing in the FA Cup final, selling out to a yank and winning naff all after gobbing off all season whilst Liverpool have won the European Cup , he's threatening to douse himself in petrol and set himself on fire. He says his family hates him and his mates are all laughing at him. I'm walking around taking a collection for him."

"Oh really?" says the bloke "How much have you collected so far?".

"Only about a litre, but a lot of people are still siphoning."
And what about the part where he doesn't come from Manchester?

Craig

World Traveller
Sure.

I have a question for people like Halsey etc. who are against Glazer, will you be supporting United next season or FC United if they get in the North West Counties League?

Out of interest, how many divisions is the North West Counties League below Conference? And what is the next division they would go to if they win promotion from the NWCL?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Sure.

I have a question for people like Halsey etc. who are against Glazer, will you be supporting United next season or FC United if they get in the North West Counties League?

Out of interest, how many divisions is the North West Counties League below Conference? And what is the next division they would go to if they win promotion from the NWCL?
After the NWCL you have the Conference, i think.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
well its Conference(5), Conference North(6), Unibond Premier(7), Unibond Div 1(8), NWCL Div 1(9), NWCL Div 2 (10).

The League i play in is ranked 14 :p