• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why Athletest Take Performance Enhancment Drugs ?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I was reading This and was just wondering why they do it ? They know it very well that there is a very good chance that they will get caught. Still they take it and risk their career. Why ??

Also I dont understand how taking such drugs would benefit a cricketer improve his performance on the field ?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
they keep taking it because chances are a large percentage of athletes are on drugs, and most just slip through the net, only the unlucky ones get caught.

the article doesnt work for me here since the chinese government blocks out bbc, but ive read the one on cricinfo. on a cricket field, drugs could help improve a player's stamina, or it could allow them to get stronger/more fit easier and faster, which could help your all-round game.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
they keep taking it because chances are a large percentage of athletes are on drugs, and most just slip through the net, only the unlucky ones get caught.

the article doesnt work for me here since the chinese government blocks out bbc, but ive read the one on cricinfo. on a cricket field, drugs could help improve a player's stamina, or it could allow them to get stronger/more fit easier and faster, which could help your all-round game.
ha ha do they block out Sky News aswell?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
because popular sports and games are huge businesses now and have become more and more impersonal and amoral and there is a lot at stake for all individuals and organizations concerned...

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Some are thick as two short planks, others think they can mask it, others fall to promises that the drug of choice is undetectable or will be out of their system before any tests.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator

Lol damn thats unlucky!

andyc

superkingdave said:
ha ha do they block out Sky News aswell?
lol i dunno... its strange, cause we get the bbc telivision station (albeit by illegal satellite). but i know the new york times is blocked too

Langeveldt

Soutie
andyc said:
the article doesnt work for me here since the chinese government blocks out bbc.
And yet nobody has a problem with that? Surprised America hasn't kicked up a fuss..

I remember p0rn sites being blocked in Oman, hence my mate having mags..

andyc

Langeveldt said:
And yet nobody has a problem with that? Surprised America hasn't kicked up a fuss..

I remember p0rn sites being blocked in Oman, hence my mate having mags..
haha thats not here, not that i know of. obviously the chinese are as horny as everyone else :D