Cricket Player Manager

Thread: Why Athletest Take Performance Enhancment Drugs ?

Why Athletest Take Performance Enhancment Drugs ?

I was reading This and was just wondering why they do it ? They know it very well that there is a very good chance that they will get caught. Still they take it and risk their career. Why ??

Also I dont understand how taking such drugs would benefit a cricketer improve his performance on the field ?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    they keep taking it because chances are a large percentage of athletes are on drugs, and most just slip through the net, only the unlucky ones get caught.

the article doesnt work for me here since the chinese government blocks out bbc, but ive read the one on cricinfo. on a cricket field, drugs could help improve a player's stamina, or it could allow them to get stronger/more fit easier and faster, which could help your all-round game.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

You could also hit the ball harder.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    they keep taking it because chances are a large percentage of athletes are on drugs, and most just slip through the net, only the unlucky ones get caught.

the article doesnt work for me here since the chinese government blocks out bbc, but ive read the one on cricinfo. on a cricket field, drugs could help improve a player's stamina, or it could allow them to get stronger/more fit easier and faster, which could help your all-round game.
    ha ha do they block out Sky News aswell?
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

because popular sports and games are huge businesses now and have become more and more impersonal and amoral and there is a lot at stake for all individuals and organizations concerned...
    Last edited by Anil; 27-05-2005 at 05:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Some are thick as two short planks, others think they can mask it, others fall to promises that the drug of choice is undetectable or will be out of their system before any tests.

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar

Lol damn thats unlucky!
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Because they want to win, plain and simple
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave
    ha ha do they block out Sky News aswell?
    lol i dunno... its strange, cause we get the bbc telivision station (albeit by illegal satellite). but i know the new york times is blocked too

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc

the article doesnt work for me here since the chinese government blocks out bbc.
    And yet nobody has a problem with that? Surprised America hasn't kicked up a fuss..

I remember p0rn sites being blocked in Oman, hence my mate having mags..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    And yet nobody has a problem with that? Surprised America hasn't kicked up a fuss..

I remember p0rn sites being blocked in Oman, hence my mate having mags..
    haha thats not here, not that i know of. obviously the chinese are as horny as everyone else

Thread Information