• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 'Liverpool FC' Thread

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
Ya the image is great its also in the English Football thread...and its hilarious enough to be the most popular image on the net

steds

Hall of Fame Member
nikhil1772 said:
Come,share The Pride Of Merseyside...
As the one who actually lives on Merseyside, I would like to disagree with that statement. At least 2/3's of the people I know either aren't particularly proud of Liverpool FC, don't really care, or pretty much hate them. There are many more things for us to be proud of than a football club - particularly one who got knocked out of the FA cup by Burnley and who's league form was up and down all season, being dismal at times.

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
steds said:
As the one who actually lives on Merseyside, I would like to disagree with that statement. At least 2/3's of the people I know either aren't particularly proud of Liverpool FC, don't really care, or pretty much hate them. There are many more things for us to be proud of than a football club - particularly one who got knocked out of the FA cup by Burnley and who's league form was up and down all season, being dismal at times.
But they won the Champions League...in arguably the greatest comeback in greatest final ever...doesn't that mean anything to you?

...and thats what I was trying to say,wasn't it,that even though performing below par for most of the season,we the Liverpool fans always backed the team and always will...

Too bad that people living on Merseyside dont like the team,but that doesn't change anything what I or all the other Liverpool fans say

steds

Hall of Fame Member
nikhil1772 said:
But they won the Champions League...in arguably the greatest comeback in greatest final ever...doesn't that mean anything to you?
Yes. It was a great game. Real shame that their poor performances from August to May leaves them not knowing whether they'll defend their title last year and suggests they either over-acheived in the Champions League or under-acheived in English domestic football, neither of which are labels they'd be really chuffed with

nikhil1772 said:
Too bad that people living on Merseyside dont like the team,but that doesn't change anything what I or all the other Liverpool fans say
I wasn't trying to say that people living on Merseyside don't like the team, but that many are Everton fans or Tranmere fans or glory-hunting Manure fans or the odd Wigan Athletic fan and if you live east of Whiston, there's a big chance that you'll find people who care far more about Rugby League than than football, and then there's all the other great things in Merseyside, so it's wrong to suggest that Liverpool FC is THE pride of Merseyside. I apologise if I came across any differently

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
steds said:
so it's wrong to suggest that Liverpool FC is THE pride of Merseyside
I refuse to believe it sorry,its been like that for past so many years and just you saying otherwise doesn't change it