• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Offical F.A. Cup Final thread, Arsenal vs Man Utd****

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well the time is almost upon us, in just over 24 hours time Arsenal and Man utd will kick off the 2005 FA cup final in the millenium stadium in cardiff. The general predictions are that it will be a very closely contested match. Going into the match Arsenal have the clear form advantage at the moment although they will indeed be without Thierry Henry, however he may well not be missed with Jose Reyes and Robin Van Persie both in top form to partner Dennis Bergkamp up front. Although indeed Man utd have not lost in a competitive match to arsenal for more than two years now.....A tough one to call..

Myself being an arsenal fan i hope that Arsenal not only win (obviously) but also give Man Utd a thrashing (severe). Realistically i predict that arsenal will win a tightly fought contest, whilst hopefully avoiding a penalty shoot out as arsenals record on pens is poor.

Come on gooners !!!

you thoughts ?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Part of me wants United to win on the grounds that I can go on about "we took the winners to a replay and were a foot (Taylor's free kick) from beating them".

The other (more dominant) part wants Arsenal to win on the grounds that I hate United.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I'm undecided as to who I want to win. Manchester United are Northerners and Arsenal are Southerners, which would usually mean me supporting the notherners. However, Manure are the worst sort of northerners you could find - almost as bad as Yorkies (who we all know don't count as northerners, before someone points this out.) It's a fine line. Hard choice...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
steds said:
you shouldn't have asked that. Soon this thread will be invaded by Scaly Piscine and his biased, elitist bølløcks
What's elitist about saying Arsenal are a load of cheating, crybaby, diving mercenaries who deserve to lose? Also virtually everyone who comments on in this thread will be biased one way or the other.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ill watch it but it wont worry me who wins, ill probably go for man u cause i like rooney and giggs and dislike pretty much all of Arsenal's players...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
What's elitist about saying Arsenal are a load of cheating, crybaby, diving mercenaries who deserve to lose?
nah, the elitist bit is just your posts in general. Richard's noticed it, too

And you've just justified what I say about your with that comment about Arsenal. There are many clubs made up almost completely of mercenaries, compared to alot of clubs Arsenal aren't particularly dirty or bad cheaters at all and Arsenal play very good football. All of this you refuse to awknowledge

Scaly piscine

steds said:
nah, the elitist bit is just your posts in general. Richard's noticed it, too

And you've just justified what I say about your with that comment about Arsenal. There are many clubs made up almost completely of mercenaries, compared to alot of clubs Arsenal aren't particularly dirty or bad cheaters at all and Arsenal play very good football. All of this you refuse to awknowledge
They play very good football against teams like Norwich, then they play away to Bayern Munich and they can't string 3 passes together - not much use that is it, I don't see Man U being called a very good football side this season for being similarly inept against AC Milan.

The CDMs also go that extra mile compared to other clubs, most clubs at least have the odd home town player with some loyalty there. The best the CDMs can boast (for the time being anyway) is Ashley Cole (beacon of loyalty that he is) - the rest are bought in foreigners, the only other regular (if he wasn't injured so much) English player they have is Sol Campbell. The CDMs as a team have all the spirit and loyalty of a quickly thrown up World XI (albeit not a very good one) in cricket.

As for elitist, anyone who has a bit more ability etc. than most gets branded elitist. The same thing happens in Scrabble, a lot of the lower rater players think the high raters are elitist for talking to people mostly in their same rating bracket (they just happen to play them more often because of he divisions and so know them better, the low raters do the same). I don't particularly care if I am elitist anyway - I certainly don't want to waste my time with idiots like Motson when there millions of other people online I can bother with.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm supporting ManUre. :p

Nah, obviously not, but I have a bad feeling about the game. 2-1 to Moan U is my tip.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If Moan U must score I'm hoping for either Giggsy or The Tubby Pikey as I've got them in my work's fantasy team.

duffer

sledger said:
Myself being an arsenal fan i hope that Arsenal not only win (obviously) but also give Man Utd a thrashing (severe). Realistically i predict that arsenal will win a tightly fought contest, whilst hopefully avoiding a penalty shoot out as arsenals record on pens is poor.

Come on gooners !!!

you thoughts ?

I'd actually prefer a jammy 1-0 last injury time victory, through a penalty froma Pires dive. Bergkamp to slot home the penalty, thus erasing the Villa Park nightmare.

Manyoo fans would never stop crying about it.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
There's a first time for everything...

Henry (the only 'CDM' I like) isn't playing, so I have a pretty good feeling about the game, Horse is in form, which only adds to my feelings.