• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tiger Vs. Singh - Golf

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
This week Vijay Singh will take over the World No.1 ranking from Tiger woods again. I have not seen a closer race in Golf before and it really is hard to say who is playing better.

But If you have to put your money on one of these two, who is it going to be ? I will put mine on Vijay, he has been Solid and consistent in last two years while Tiger is off one day brilliant the next day.

V Reddy

International Debutant
In the last couple of years, its no doubt Vijay for me. For a guy who plays in so many tournaments and to remain in the contention in most of them is amazing.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Son Of Coco said:
I'm not sure that was closer though, Norman was number 1 a majority of the time. Then again, Faldo won more majors...
But it was over a lot longer time period than this. From what I've heard, it spanned almost a decade, and while Norman was no.1, everyone thought that Faldo was the best player at the time, and then when roles reversed, so did everyone's opinions. As I said, from what I've heard. But more to the point, the longevity of it is what made it a "closer" and harder fought battle than this.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
Norman vs Faldo??
Well, I started following Golf only after 1997 so It's not really a surprise that I dont know much about the rivalry.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
But it was over a lot longer time period than this. From what I've heard, it spanned almost a decade, and while Norman was no.1, everyone thought that Faldo was the best player at the time, and then when roles reversed, so did everyone's opinions. As I said, from what I've heard. But more to the point, the longevity of it is what made it a "closer" and harder fought battle than this.
And now that I read about the rivalry, I think you are right. Faldo and Shark rivalry went on for almost a decade and half.