• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aussie Rugby Players popping pills

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Massive overreaction, not only in this thread, but in the paper etc over the past month or so about the AFL players. If someone drank 10 cups of coffee before a game and at half time, would anybody care? I doubt it.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Slats4ever said:
yeah i reckon he get's a free box sent with ever case of beans he buys...

i reckon it's just the kiwi's clutching at straws again, which really says a lot about them as a people.
Got anything to back that up? Considering the story was broken by the Australian press, I believe you're the one clutching at straws - which says a lot about you as a person.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Voltman said:
Got anything to back that up? Considering the story was broken by the Australian press, I believe you're the one clutching at straws - which says a lot about you as a person.
Yeah but in defence of Slats, The press werent talking about players getting an unfair advantage and that being the reason why the Waratahs are good, He was referring to the NZ posters on this thread, not the topic in general...

The story was broken by the asutralain press soley as a backlash from the big AFL story, so thats important to remember...

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
benchmark00 said:
What are you talking about? theyre perfectly legal....

And kenny, i wouldnt have a clue how much they cost, i never bought them, i got my mum to do the dirty work haha, and you can get them from the chemist...
An absolute gold comment that got missed.

_Ed_

Linda said:
I agree.

I'd also like to point out that I at first misread the title and thought it said "Aussie Rugby Players pooping pills".

Buddhmaster

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
What are you talking about? theyre perfectly legal....

And kenny, i wouldnt have a clue how much they cost, i never bought them, i got my mum to do the dirty work haha, and you can get them from the chemist...
What i'm saying is that if they make you perform up to 7% better, wouldn't that mean they are performance enhancing pills? I'm not against it, but I don't know why people say it doesn't matter because they help you perform. People don't want others to have a disadvantage.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The only thing you can do to stop it is say that "If your caffiene levels are over a certain percentage, then you cop a ban", because there's no way you can put an overall ban on caffiene

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
probably measured it in a lab seeing wether they did any good or not. im sure it effects differeent people differently though

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Voltman said:
hey man i'm not the one in here saying the waratahs wouldn't have performed without them...

I'm not the one saying that the Crusaders would blow the field away if they had them

benchmark00

Buddhmaster said:
What i'm saying is that if they make you perform up to 7% better, wouldn't that mean they are performance enhancing pills? I'm not against it, but I don't know why people say it doesn't matter because they help you perform. People don't want others to have a disadvantage.
Yeah but doesnt a healthy diet also improve your performance? its like banning that because players who dont have a healthy diet are disadvantaged...

And marc, i have no idea how they got 7%, i just heard George Gregan say it on tv haha...