• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Snooker 2005

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Well Well Well.

Murphy through, Stevens and McCulloch still fighting out for the other final place, I wonder how much money you would have got if you put a tenner on a Murphy-McCulloch final.

A bank Holiday Monday finish is now normal and I'll be watching!

Also Sheffield has secured the Worlds for the next 5 years.

So get potting.

Piper

International Captain
Ive actually watched quite a lot of this years World Championship, but the watch that reall made me angry was the Ebdon v O'Sullivan match... Ebdon showed little respect for O'Sullivan, he knew that he wouldnt be able to beat him if he hadnt slowed it down...i think it was totally wrong

a massive zebra

International Captain
What a strange tournament, none of the top 4 players managed to reach the Semi's but the world number 48 got to the final!!!

I will be cheering for Murphy in the final. :)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well Murphy and McCulloch were both at least 100-1 to win and half that for the final, so at least 2500-1 for a Murphy v McCulloch final.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Well Murphy and McCulloch were both at least 100-1 to win and half that for the final, so at least 2500-1 for a Murphy v McCulloch final.
Start of Tournament

Murphy 150-1
McCulloch 200-1

Now

Murphy Evens
McCulloch 11/2

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Piper said:
Ebdon showed little respect for O'Sullivan, he knew that he wouldnt be able to beat him if he hadnt slowed it down...i think it was totally wrong
He plays to win, Sam, it's his job. If he wins he gets money. If he doesn't, he's skint

Piper

International Captain
steds said:
He plays to win, Sam, it's his job. If he wins he gets money. If he doesn't, he's skint
Yeh i know, i just dont like the way he went about it thats all

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
steds said:
Exactly, to beat one of the world's best players you've got to do something a little different and this bloke did exactly that - good tactics and they paid off.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Piper said:
O'Sullivan's fault entirely for not having the mental make-up to cope with Ebdon's methodology.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Piper said:
as a snooker geek, I must say I found it really interesting and entertaining

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Northener versus Taff in the final.

*quiet voice* come on, Murphy...

Have to say, Murphy's attacking style has impressed me a lot.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Regarding Ebdon, Snooker players play to win, not just to entertain the crowd (admittedly it was pretty boring stuff). Can't blame someone for finding Ronnie's weakness.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
To be fair to The Taff, I think he's played some excellent snooker, not been luck at all.

Still, hope Murphy wins...

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Stevens has the advantage at 10-6, but both players aren't looking at their best, it should be a good days play.