• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 5 Memorial sporting moments ever......

vasetti12

U19 Captain
The best moments ever in sporting history that i felt was amazing are listed as follows:
1:Man U winning the treble
2:The SA winning the world cup rugby
3:England winning the world cup against the aussies
4:World cup cricket semi final of 1999 between aussies and SA( cracking match)
5:Sharapova beating venus williams...

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
1. Oldham 3 Sheff Wednesday 2 (1991) - redfearn scores last minute penalty to seal the title
2. Oldham 1 Man Utd 0 (9 march 1993)
3.Oldham 3 Arsenal 1 (league cup 1989/1990)
4. Oldham 3 Portsmouth 3 (December 1989 - Mascot D Richards)
5. Oldham 4 Southampton 3 (1993 - last game of season to stay in prem league)

vasetti12

U19 Captain
superkingdave said:
1. Oldham 3 Sheff Wednesday 2 (1991) - redfearn scores last minute penalty to seal the title
2. Oldham 1 Man Utd 0 (9 march 1993)
3.Oldham 3 Arsenal 1 (league cup 1989/1990)
4. Oldham 3 Portsmouth 3 (December 1989 - Mascot D Richards)
5. Oldham 4 Southampton 3 (1993 - last game of season to stay in prem league)
I guess you are Oldham fan then....Nice...

Piper

International Captain
1) England winning the World Cup (rugby)
2) New Zealand winning the World Cup (rugby)
3) Sharapova beating Serena Williams in last years Wimbledon :D
4) Chelsea winning the Premiership :D
5) Pete Sampras winning all his Wimbledon titles

vasetti12

U19 Captain
Piper said:
So it was serena yeah...i always get those two mixed up.....

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
must say that england winning the rugby world cup was great, arsenal going an entire season in the premiership was also pretty special, for some reason i always remember england beating spain on penalties in euro 96 as being very special to me personally, from then on i was very must in great respect of david seaman, untill he left his wife and lost all his form, my opinion of him was somewhat tarnished by that...

Piper

International Captain
vasetti12 said:
So it was serena yeah...i always get those two mixed up.....
Its easily done, just remember that the muscley one is Serena and the tall skinny one is Venus

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
theyre both nothing but machines.....:s big nasty ones, no personality, seeing them win is boring, sharapova was a breath of fresh air.

vasetti12

U19 Captain
sledger said:
theyre both nothing but machines.....:s big nasty ones, no personality, seeing them win is boring, sharapova was a breath of fresh air.
A breath of fresh air and a wonderful sight to see if i might add..... :D

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
yeh i agree, it was a very hard fought match, im very glad that sharapova won, its nice to see someone with a bit of personality win as opposed to the williams, machines may make good tennis players but not exactly likeable are they ? esspecially venus.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
credit to them though, they have come from a very difficult background to get the amount of success they have, they should be respected for that.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Piper said:
wow you remember the 87 world cup?

when i went to wimbledon in 2002 Sharapova walked past me, i think she was playing on one of the outside courts in the Juniors

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
vasetti12 said:
1:Man U winning the treble
Would never have happened but for a Norwegian... :D

Measured on the decibel scale:

1) Norway - Brazil 2-1, World Cup group stage, Marseille, 23 June 1998
2) Norway's women winning the World Championships of handball 1999
3) Norway's women winning the European Championships of handball 2004
4) Harmy's seven for twelve
5) Johann Olav Koss winning three speed skating golds at the 1994 Winter Olympics

vasetti12

U19 Captain
sledger said:
credit to them though, they have come from a very difficult background to get the amount of success they have, they should be respected for that.
Yes they should indeed...but the way they were winning stuff back and fourth..it was great to see some other talented young girl to have a snatch at glory...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
hes still at man utd, just been injured for ages now, doubt he will ever play again, but never say never...a very handy player he was.