• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 5 Memorial sporting moments ever......

vasetti12

U19 Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
Me too, doubt we'll have a chance of qualifying for the WC without him...
I hope all goes well for him because i dont see him playing any more......I hope he does get another chance....

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Well, he has done extensive surgery on it, so hopefully it's fixed - at least enough so he can actually walk on it. A year and a half away from football does things with people, though...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
it certainly does, althoug hit will be a great shame i doubt he will ever regain his form to any great extent, he was a very decent player mind you, very very underated in my opinion, esspecially by those in the premiership, i think at his peak he would have been able to get into any of the front lines in the country, maybe even europe, very few saw this potential, i think his loyalty to man utd should be commended, and this is coming from an arsenal fan.

vasetti12

U19 Captain
I think Ole gunner was world class.....Although some may say he was just a great super sub...In my opinion i have to disagree...Ole was a great player...Maybe not as great as Pele or Ronaldo but he is certainly a player to remember.....

Langeveldt

Soutie
In my book

1) Allan Donald in 1998 with Atherton, then his demolition job at Jo'Burg in 2000..

2) Lance Armstrong - Any of the times he proved to the world he is one of the most incredible human beings ever

3) Allan Donald nailing Shayne O'Connor on his home patch to get his 300th test wicket

4) Harmison's 7-12

5) Plymouth Argyle - Old Division 2 champs

Langeveldt

Soutie
vasetti12 said:
Those were the days with Donald hey....world class bowling at its very best...
My favourite sportsman.. To be honest I could talk about him forever.. A bit of a religion, and possibly the reason I bothered to give cricket a second look..

What I regret is never having met the guy, and only catching his career after 1997.. What an ambassador for many different things..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
1) Mickey Thomas's goal at Anfield in 1989 to beat Liverpool 2-0 & secure Arsenal's first title in 18 years.
2) Jonny Wilkinson's drop goal to win the Rugby Union WC in 2003.
3) Jerry Guscott's drop goal in the 2nd Lions test v SA in 1997
4) Linford Christie winning the 100m gold medal in the 1992 Olympics
5) Alan Smith's 20-yard left foot volley to score the only goal in the 1994 European Cup Winners' Cup to beat Parma 1-0.

Last edited:

Piper

International Captain
superkingdave said:
wow you remember the 87 world cup?

when i went to wimbledon in 2002 Sharapova walked past me, i think she was playing on one of the outside courts in the Juniors
Lol i dont remember it coz i was born in 87 but im just saying it was a memorial sporting moment, coz it was the first World Cup

dro87

U19 12th Man
1. Roma's Seria A win with the trio: TOTTI, MONTELLA and BATISTUTA
2. Roma winning against ss.lazio 5-1 MONTELLA; MONTELLA; MONTELLA; MONTELLA and TOTTI
3. ITALY CRICKET TEAM winning against HOLLAND in 2003 (same team 2 play the world cup)
4. ME becoming the player of the tournament in 2000 U 15 B (thaxs 2 my 4/7 and 5/20)
5. Capannelle winning the 2000 Serie A champs...

Hoggy31

International Captain
In no particular order

- Kangaroos 96 and 99 premierships

- The Roo's coming from 40 points down at 3/4 time to beat Sydney

- The Roo's coming back to beat the Dockers at Subi(i was there so it made it special)

- WA beating Victoria a few years back after following on, North made a double-hundred and Nicholson ripped through Victoria to bowl 'em for around 100

- Croatia coming third in the 98 World Cup.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hoggy31 said:
5. Ummm... i dunno probably, um, ahhh... I'll just say Steven Bradbury winning the speed skating after everyone fell over.
:lol: :laugh: :lol:

That proved conclusively that short-track speed skating is the most idiotic, fake sport ever.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
1. Plugger Lockett's point after the siren to get into 1996 GF.

2. Nothing until Swans win the premiership.