• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Faviourte Sport?

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
nikhil1772 said:
1.Cricket
2.Soccer
2.Tennis
2.Formula One
2.Badminton
2.Wrestling

If you were wondering...I must clarify I can count...
Up to 2, obviously. Well done! :thumbsup:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
Wouldn't you love to do it?

I'd love to be that bloke in the safety car for a grand prix!
Not really. I'm more of a touring car man when it comes to watching traffic.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Samuel_Vimes said:
As in the sport where they use motorbikes on gravel and brake with their boots? Forgot to mention that one, I think :)
Yep, pretty big in your part of the world, isn't it? Think it's mainly Sweden & Denmark tho. I remember the Danes as being dominant as a kid in the mid-late 80s: Erik Gundersen, Hans Nielsen, Jan O Pedersen & Tommy Knudsen. My dad used to take me along to our local track (Mildenhall) every Sunday in summer.

Something very thrilling about four 500cc bikes with no brakes & one gear being slung round hair-pin bends at 70mph. :)

vasetti12

U19 Captain
I cant wait till Williams retires..he is a rubbish boxer.....I was glad when Kalinchko(spelling?) beat williams...williams thought he was big because he beat a past hey day tison.....

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
BoyBrumby said:
Yep, pretty big in your part of the world, isn't it? Think it's mainly Sweden & Denmark tho. I remember the Danes as being dominant as a kid in the mid-late 80s: Erik Gundersen, Hans Nielsen, Jan O Pedersen & Tommy Knudsen. My dad used to take me along to our local track (Mildenhall) every Sunday in summer.

Something very thrilling about four 500cc bikes with no brakes & one gear being slung round hair-pin bends at 70mph. :)
Spot on. :) Norway had one driver, but he's getting on a bit - 32-33 now, lost his place in the GP tour after this season, but he's still good at league level. He was the first Norwegian to be top-ten in the world since the fifties... :D

I try to watch whenever the Grand Prix races are on - they're sent on Swedish TV cos Swedish riders are so good, and because it's actually a decent TV sport (the highlights, anyway - I think they cut out about 2 hours of breaks and most of the early heats).

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket
Rugby League(the real stuff)
Snooker
Football
...all the others in no particular order until Golf and Union bringing up the rear

vasetti12

U19 Captain
Formula 1...Ferrari are having a bad time at the moment...they always change the rules against ferrari's favour......

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
vasetti12 said:
Formula 1...Ferrari are having a bad time at the moment...they always change the rules against ferrari's favour......
Yes, because it's good for the sport that Ferrari wins every single race by a mile...

vasetti12

U19 Captain
But dont you think that is a bit unfair....Just because you win avery grand prix it does not mean you have to go change the rules...all the cars are the same speed...it just Shumacher(spelling) he is just to great....Look at barachello he has a ferrari and does not come close to Michel.....

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
vasetti12 said:
But dont you think that is a bit unfair....Just because you win avery grand prix it does not mean you have to go change the rules
Actually, yes, you have to, because no one would watch F1 if they knew Schumacher would win (except Ferrari tifosi)

vasetti12 said:
...all the cars are the same speed...it just Shumacher(spelling) he is just to great....Look at barachello he has a ferrari and does not come close to Michel.....
Um...nope. Schumacher won very little the first two or three seasons with Ferrari, it was just when the car started to go well that he won everything. Besides, and this is very important: The rules are the same for everyone!

As for Barrichello not coming close to Michael, they've had a lot of one-twos in the past three seasons. It has a lot to do with team orders and the fact that Barrichello isn't as good a driver as many others.

vasetti12

U19 Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
Actually, yes, you have to, because no one would watch F1 if they knew Schumacher would win (except Ferrari tifosi)

Um...nope. Schumacher won very little the first two or three seasons with Ferrari, it was just when the car started to go well that he won everything. Besides, and this is very important: The rules are the same for everyone!

As for Barrichello not coming close to Michael, they've had a lot of one-twos in the past three seasons. It has a lot to do with team orders and the fact that Barrichello isn't as good a driver as many others.
Yes...And im no expert at this but i feel that is ludicris..ok so all the drivers have the same rules as well but it suits their cars...Ferrari is a modernised version and cant adapt to these rules,....

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
the reason ferrari win all the time is not because of the driver, if schumacer was driving a williams then he would be no where near as good. its 3/4 machine and the rest is down to the driver.

vasetti12

U19 Captain
sledger said:
the reason ferrari win all the time is not because of the driver, if schumacer was driving a williams then he would be no where near as good. its 3/4 machine and the rest is down to the driver.
Yes i know but why change the rules...every season just to slag off ferrari....

Langeveldt

Soutie
If I'm playing
1. Badminton
2. Middle distance running
3. Cricket
4. Surfing
5. Cycling

If I'm watching
1. Badminton
2. Cricket
3. Soccer