• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A road to the Premier League for Exeter City- A FM 2005 story!

Craig

World Traveller
If I don't play the diamond, I usually go for 4-2-3-1, and I do this against my nemiss' from the Ukraine (Kiev and Donesk).

I can beat a top team 3-0 easy, but them, I'm lucky if I win 1-0. Their tatics crack my own.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Good comeback after your first up defeat Nikhil, solid 3-1 victory so that's certainly something to work on. Good luck for the next friendly mate.

Craig

World Traveller
I often do this. I play a formation depending on the situation, usually it is a diamond, but it depends if I am trying to defend a game or go out on the attack (I once won a game after trailling 1-0, took off a defender for a 3rd striker to give me 3-4-3, and my gamble worked and I won 3-1, and I took off one of my strikers for a defender to play 4-4-2 and win 3-1).

I'm playing a quick game with Paderborn in the German Regional Northern Division and I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 formation as I believe so far it best suits my players I have. So far I have won 2, lost one.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Have to say I've got the 4-2-3-1 working fairly well for my Bolton game (newly started) - need a decent left winger as neither Gardner or Fadiga has suceeded yet.

5 games, 3 wins is a tidy start, especially as my first game was Chelsea.

NikhilN

International Regular
Alright people sorry for the delay, been busy. Going to continue from where I left off.

Exeter v Rotherham at St. James Park, Exeter City.

Score at half time Exeter 0-2 Rotherham.

Richie Baker makes in a pen.

NikhilN

International Regular
Very bad attempt at saving this from Rice. The goal was made from 20 yards out!

Rotherham now up 3-0

Devine strikes for Exeter as they bounce back into this

3-1 now.

Last edited:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
yes, certainly with a team like this. thats more of a formation for the "higher" and better teams. your players dont fit the formation.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
you need a wage budget for that too, i found that the toughest things off all.

NikhilN

International Regular
Alright guys, news after that match is that Sean Devine is now out for 5 days with a groin injury. He got injured during his last match. Even though he is out for 5 days, I'm keeping him out for another 5 days to give him some extra rest.

NikhilN

International Regular
Exeter have got the rights to bid for Georgi Antonov, and they have place a bid of 600 weeks p/w on him.

Exeter have also placed a 5,000 pound bid on Paul Powell

Last edited:

NikhilN

International Regular
Okay, here are some of the fixtures taking place today

Team and tactics for the next match

Since Sean Devine is injured, Scott Hilley will be the Captain of the team.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Are you a complete idiot by design or is it just an accident?

Why are you playing:
a) Taylor at DM LC
b) Flacky at DM RC
c) Little Les at S C
d) Jakey at AM C
e) Toddy at D L
f) Alex J at D RC

PLAY THEM IN THEIR PROPER POSITIONS!