• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A road to the Premier League for Exeter City- A FM 2005 story!

NikhilN

International Regular
Thanks mate.

Here are all the fixtures for the day

And the team preston will be using in this match

NikhilN

International Regular
An awesome save from Bittner, I thought it was going to be a goal for sure.

Deskon Etuhu scores an awesome goal for Preston, and puts them in lead 1-0 so far.

Score at half time, 1-0

Can Exeter fight back and win this match?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmmm...not a great start to the season, but you're only one goal behind at the moment. Good luck for the second half.

NikhilN

International Regular
Pertson easily take this match, not even one good attempt from Exeter in the second-half. Although good keeping from Bittner, made some good stops in the second-half of the game too.

Match Stats

And results for all the matches of the day

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
One shot on target isn't exactly promising, at least it's only a friendly and you've got time to try a different strategy or a different mix of players though.

NikhilN

International Regular
Somerset said:
One shot on target isn't exactly promising, at least it's only a friendly and you've got time to try a different strategy or a different mix of players though.
Yup.

Can you guys suggest any other tactic I can use? Like what formation?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
You could use a 4-1-2-1-2. The wingers cross in the ball. The DM also slots some passes upfield. The AMC pushes the ball throught to the forwards or takes shots himself. So too the wingers and DM. The full backs get up as often as possible to cross the ball so the wingers can go inside the box to create more pressure. You can also go one stirker and two AMC.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Couple of points - there hasn't been an Indian manage an English side to the best of my knowledge, but I believe the Indian coach is an Englishman and a very good one at that.

Secondly - I wouldn't chop and change formations so much - better to find one and stick to it or players won't get settled at all.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
You can't judge a formation on one result against a team three divisions above them, with midfielders playing out of position.

vasetti12

U19 Captain
NikhilN said:
Pertson easily take this match, not even one good attempt from Exeter in the second-half. Although good keeping from Bittner, made some good stops in the second-half of the game too.

Match Stats

And results for all the matches of the day

what game is this

NikhilN

International Regular
superkingdave said:
I wish Nikhil would stop spamming the thread. we were having a good discussion about wallets and purses
Mefinks you should make your own thread for that.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
nah, wallets can be discussed anywhere.

Mines black leather and i'm fairly happy with it, it has enough space for all my cards and stuff and a pocket for my change.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
meh report my post if you want, this isn't an FM forum we already have a 'How are you doing on CM/FM topic' and besides this is OT

NikhilN

International Regular
Guys ok there is one change, I'm gonna move to UK pounds now since this is taking place in England and if I take UK pounds it makes it more real.

Team and tactic for the next match

Some of the matches taking place today

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Danny Clay is never gonna push Dean Moxey for anything. Clay's a holding midfielder and Moxey's a left wing back.