• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anzac day League Test

Blaze

Banned
Blewy said:
Price is a quality prop...

I actually rate him the best in the world right now...

Was also happy with Benji, he showed tonight what he can do... Although he made some little errors he also showed touches of his class. and more importantly came through injury free...

Yeah I was really impressed with Benji. If ****in Karmichael Hunt would see sense and realise that he is a kiwi and that he is not going to play origin any time soon with all the brilliant fullbacks QLD have to pick from, then NZ will have a chance in an ANZAC test. Ropati looked alright but made too many costly errors.

That is the kind of thing that makes it very hard for international football to get off the ground because players are effectively saying it means nothing to them. Just look at Toni Carrol.

The future does look pretty good for NZ though with Marshall, Sonny Bill, Ropati, Prichard, Lulaui, Whatuera, Utai all still young. Add Hunt to that list and you are looking at a very promising team for the future.

But no I don't actually want Hunt anymore he is a traitor and his behaviour is unacceptable. IMO QLD should continue to deny him the opportunity to play for them.

The game itself wasn't exactly what international league needed but with more and more kiwis popping up across the dtich in various teams I think the depth is building up and things are looking positive.

As for the 50+ scoreline some of you aussies were predicting..what were you on?

Oh and I can't believe league won't sort out the penalty try debacle. That Vagana inncident was a classic case of a penalty try and although wouldn't have had any impact on the result it still looked pretty dumb that it wasn't given as a try when he looked certain to score if he hadn't been illegally taken out.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Karmichael Hunt has no chance of playing for Australia or State of Origin for Queensland when he's got Slater & Wesser to contend with aswell as Minnichello for Aus.

Mind you, Jerome Ropati played well at fullback so maybe Hunt can get stuffed and play for nobody.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I read yesterday that about 100 players in the Jersey Flegg or whatever competition it is in Queensland are eligible to play for New Zealand.

Cloete

International Captain
Tim said:
Karmichael Hunt has no chance of playing for Australia or State of Origin for Queensland when he's got Slater & Wesser to contend with aswell as Minnichello for Aus.

Mind you, Jerome Ropati played well at fullback so maybe Hunt can get stuffed and play for nobody.
Not to mention Schifcofske, who's done nothing wrong since 1996 and has only played one game of Origin.

IMO Hunt has to be behind all 3. I think Clinton may as well retire from Rep footy if Hunt gets into origin ahead of him.

How good was Ray Warren again though last night? "Steve Price, Pricey! Comes up with an absolute bottler!" That was after his chargedown, classic commentary moment that! :laugh::laugh:

Blaze

Banned
Cloete said:
Not to mention Schifcofske, who's done nothing wrong since 1996 and has only played one game of Origin.

IMO Hunt has to be behind all 3. I think Clinton may as well retire from Rep footy if Hunt gets into origin ahead of him.

How good was Ray Warren again though last night? "Steve Price, Pricey! Comes up with an absolute bottler!" That was after his chargedown, classic commentary moment that! :laugh::laugh:

We had the stupid NZ comentators which suxed. Ray is my faviourte comentator in any sport

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah we had to put up with lines like "a flying Kiwi! Call the Discovery Channel!" When Ropati scored his 2nd try.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't stand Costigan. But Halligan annoys me more because he can't string 3 words together.

thierry henry

International Coach
It was a second string Kiwi team in many respects. It always is for the Anzac test, we can never get players back from Britain, which always hurts us and not Australia, plus we seem cursed regarding injuries and suspensions. I have no doubts that a full strength NZ team would have a close game with a full strength Australian team. Who could contain a backrow of Williams, Puletua and Lauiti'iti?

Cloete

International Captain
thierry henry said:
It was a second string Kiwi team in many respects. It always is for the Anzac test, we can never get players back from Britain, which always hurts us and not Australia, plus we seem cursed regarding injuries and suspensions. I have no doubts that a full strength NZ team would have a close game with a full strength Australian team. Who could contain a backrow of Williams, Puletua and Lauiti'iti?
lol :laugh:

Blaze

Banned
Cloete said:
1. Hunt
2. Utai
3. Vagana
4. Whatuira
5. Vanikolo
6. Marshall
7. Jones
8. Wiki
9. Anderson
10. Asotasi
11. Sonny Bill
12. Lauatiti
13. Pritchard
14. Rauhihi
15. Paul
16. Galuvao
17. Pulatua

That is pretty solid

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blaze said:
1. Hunt
2. Utai
3. Vagana
4. Whatuira
5. Vanikolo
6. Marshall
7. Jones
8. Wiki
9. Anderson
10. Asotasi
11. Sonny Bill
12. Lauatiti
13. Pritchard
14. Rauhihi
15. Paul
16. Galuvao
17. Pulatua

That is pretty solid
Jones has retired so he wouldn't be in a full-strength side anyway.

Craig

World Traveller
Mister Wright said:
If Shane Webke and Sonny Bill Williams were the options for a club, the club would take Webke over Williams every time. He is not as injury prone as Williams and has the runs on the board, so to speak.
If I didn't know any better I would have just said that Webcke is much older then Williams, so therefore has more games, and therefore more experience? No?

Personally I try and simplyify things.

Craig

World Traveller
Blaze said:
1. Hunt
2. Utai
3. Vagana
4. Whatuira
5. Vanikolo
6. Marshall
7. Jones
8. Wiki
9. Anderson
10. Asotasi
11. Sonny Bill
12. Lauatiti
13. Pritchard
14. Rauhihi
15. Paul
16. Galuvao
17. Pulatua

That is pretty solid
I don't want Hunt to play for New Zealand. If he doesn't want to play for his country, then you can't force him.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
If I didn't know any better I would have just said that Webcke is much older then Williams, so therefore has more games, and therefore more experience? No?

Personally I try and simplyify things.
That post was made in the context of which player would be more sought after by a club and it all depends on what the club is looking for. If the club is after a young, but yet to be proven and injury prone player than a player like Williams would be on the top of their list. However, if they are after a proven performer who you could build a sucessful forward pack around and get some good years and experience out of then Webke would be on the top of their list.