• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anzac day League Test

psxpro

Banned
BoyBrumby said:
You speak for yourself, sunshine! :tongue:

I reckon at least 4 current GB internationals would make the Oz test team.

BTW, I see Ryles is out, broken down in training.

Thats why Gb got thrashed by 50 points even at home??
GB aren't even as good as NZ. Nz is atleast verry good at home.
Gb struggled to beat a almost Second string Nz side last year.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
psxpro said:
Thats why Gb got thrashed by 50 points even at home??
GB aren't even as good as NZ. Nz is atleast verry good at home.
Gb struggled to beat a almost Second string Nz side last year.
GB made the tri series final, NZ came last...
at least think before you type...

psxpro

Banned
I said Struggled to beat.

They were at home. And they still were far from convincing vs nz and got taken to the cleaners by oz in the final.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
broncoman said:
which 4 and who would the replace?
Fielden at prop ahead of either Price or Civoniceva
Cunningham at hooker ahead of Priddis
Carney at wing ahead of Sing
Senior in the centres with Tonga moving out to the wing ahead of Rooney.

Blaze

Banned
BoyBrumby said:

The only one I agree with is possibly the last one.. and that is only possibly.

Tonga wouldn't get moved to the wing though.. they would bring in a proper winger.

The other three I can't agree with.

I rekon only three or four british players would get into an AUS second side

Simon

BoyBrumby said:
Fielden would make the bench in front of waterhouse, hes not better than petero or price.

Cunningham and Priddis are about even, but Buderus whos our usual hooker sh!ts on them both.

Carney isnt half the player Sing is, singy has really improved as his career has gone on, its safe to say hes now the worlds best winger.

again no, tonga isnt suited to playing on the wing, and rooney proved himself in last years tri series anyway.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
broncoman said:
Fielden would make the bench in front of waterhouse, hes not better than petero or price.

Cunningham and Priddis are about even, but Buderus whos our usual hooker sh!ts on them both.

Carney isnt half the player Sing is, singy has really improved as his career has gone on, its safe to say hes now the worlds best winger.

again no, tonga isnt suited to playing on the wing, and rooney proved himself in last years tri series anyway.
Fielden not better than Price?! Leave off! With Webcke retired from rep games I make him the no. 1 prop. It's close with him & Civoniceva, but Fielden definitely outplayed him in the tri series.

& Carney is the best finisher in League just now (just now, word is he'll be off to Union soon). Sing may be better defensively (although that's not the strongest part of his game either), but in a race my money's on the Mick.

_Ed_

16-4 to Australia at the moment. Pretty decent game so far, a lot of penalties though.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
age_master said:
Carneys got nothing :p
apart from blistering pace, good defence, the right attitude to succeed, a brilliant try scoring record, a cool Irish accent and an injury prone-ness, i agree totally

_Ed_

30-10 now with a kick to come...game over really, hope NZ keep trying though so it doesn't balloon out to a really huge margin.

shaka

International Regular
That should have been a try at the end, the guy wasnt even looking at the ball, but rather trying to knock out the kiwi player (4mins to go part)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BoyBrumby said:
Fielden not better than Price?! Leave off! With Webcke retired from rep games I make him the no. 1 prop. It's close with him & Civoniceva, but Fielden definitely outplayed him in the tri series.

& Carney is the best finisher in League just now (just now, word is he'll be off to Union soon). Sing may be better defensively (although that's not the strongest part of his game either), but in a race my money's on the Mick.
I hope you were watching that game, because Price proved tonight he is a top class player.

My worries about Qld without Webke have been eased a little now...phew!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mister Wright said:
I hope you were watching that game, because Price proved tonight he is a top class player.

My worries about Qld without Webke have been eased a little now...phew!
Was at work, I'm afraid, but Price was class according to the report I read. Hopefully catch the highlights before I pop out for a couple of shandies later.

Looks like Ryles going down was a blessing in disguise!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Price is a quality prop...

I actually rate him the best in the world right now...

Was also happy with Benji, he showed tonight what he can do... Although he made some little errors he also showed touches of his class. and more importantly came through injury free...