• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anzac day League Test

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
no i dont think, Priddis is a good player, does some wonderful things, but my problem with him is the ammount of penalties he gives away, i read something a few weeks ago saying in 2003 and 2004 he was the most penalised player in the NRL, so for the panthers game against Souths i watched closely and he really does hurt his team a lot. Buderus is an outstanding player imo, almost good enough to be a Queenslander :p
Ouch! That is a tough call. Fair enough, I didn't realise that about Priddis. I just think he was jipped after being one of N.S.W.'s best player in the state of origin series (can't remember what year) and was then replaced by Buderus as Kangaroo hooker because Johns was the halfback!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mister Wright said:
Ouch! That is a tough call. Fair enough, I didn't realise that about Priddis. I just think he was jipped after being one of N.S.W.'s best player in the state of origin series (can't remember what year) and was then replaced by Buderus as Kangaroo hooker because Johns was the halfback!
politics, its a bitch, but its life!

Blaze

Banned
broncoman said:
they would have won without him for sure, Williams didnt have a big game anyway...

theres no doubt he has potential, but hes done nothing to warrant being called a top player yet... imo our top 5 players are
1. Darren Lockyer
2. Brett Kimmorley
3. Danny Buderus
4. Shane Webcke
5. Craig Wing

i didnt put Johns simply because hes played 15 games in the last 3 years...

I agree with you when you say that Sonny Bill can't be regarded as the best player in the world because he hasn't done enough and is still a little unproven.

However he did have a huge final and I can't help but think your aussie bias is coming into play a little bit.

Ask yourself if clubs had a decision to make about who to take out of Sonny Bill and any of the bottem three players on your list wh would they pick?

I know who I would pick because Sonny Bill is a very rare special talent and he will one day become the greatest rugby league player in the world bar injury without a doubt

Why do you think Phil Gould is wetting his pants and wanting them to change the Origin rules to accomidate him?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blaze said:
I agree with you when you say that Sonny Bill can't be regarded as the best player in the world because he hasn't done enough and is still a little unproven.

However he did have a huge final and I can't help but think your aussie bias is coming into play a little bit.

Ask yourself if clubs had a decision to make about who to take out of Sonny Bill and any of the bottem three players on your list wh would they pick?

I know who I would pick because Sonny Bill is a very rare special talent and he will one day become the greatest rugby league player in the world bar injury without a doubt

Why do you think Phil Gould is wetting his pants and wanting them to change the Origin rules to accomidate him?

If Shane Webke and Sonny Bill Williams were the options for a club, the club would take Webke over Williams every time. He is not as injury prone as Williams and has the runs on the board, so to speak.

psxpro

Banned
So does Sonny-bill.
Hes been outstanding almost everytime he has played.
Expereince isn't everything.

If you are gonna say stupid stuff like what has sonny bill actually done, then what has lockyear actually done in the past 2 years?
He's just had a couple of good games, thats all.

Sonny Bill is the best.

Blaze

Banned
Mister Wright said:
If Shane Webke and Sonny Bill Williams were the options for a club, the club would take Webke over Williams every time. He is not as injury prone as Williams and has the runs on the board, so to speak.

You are dilluded if you think clubs would go for an ageing Webcke over Sonny Bill Williams.

Plenty of props can match Webcke's performance week to week but Sonny Bill is special.

Is it because he is a kiwi?

Simon

psxpro said:
So does Sonny-bill.
Hes been outstanding almost everytime he has played.
Expereince isn't everything.

If you are gonna say stupid stuff like what has sonny bill actually done, then what has lockyear actually done in the past 2 years?
He's just had a couple of good games, thats all.

Sonny Bill is the best.
hmm, only captained his country to series wins, he also won the award in 2003 for WORLD'S BEST PLAYER, to me that suggests hes done something...

psxpro

Banned
Yeah then why does every great player rate sonny bill so highly?

He was the standout player in the final last year as well and everytime for nz he has played.
He does everything.

Simon

psxpro said:
Yeah then why does every great player rate sonny bill so highly?

He was the standout player in the final last year as well and everytime for nz he has played.
He does everything.
people (including me) rate him so highly because he has potential. hes had an excellent start to his career and could well be the best player in league in a few years. No one is saying hes the best player right now, just that he may well be when he was fully developed.

and Willie Mason was the standout player in the grand final last year, thats why he won the clive churchill medal, Brent Sherwin wasnt far behind him either...

psxpro

Banned
broncoman said:
people (including me) rate him so highly because he has potential. hes had an excellent start to his career and could well be the best player in league in a few years. No one is saying hes the best player right now, just that he may well be when he was fully developed.

But the thing is its not just talent he is delivering and playing as well as anyone could ask of anyone, thats why he is one of the most valuable players to any team today.

Blaze

Banned
broncoman said:
hmm, only captained his country to series wins, he also won the award in 2003 for WORLD'S BEST PLAYER, to me that suggests hes done something...

Lol how hard is it to captain AUS to a series win

Simon

Blaze said:
Lol how hard is it to captain AUS to a series win
pretty hard when we had 15 players unavailable, 2003 was gutsy, we had no right to win, in the end lockyer was the difference...

Simon

psxpro said:
But the thing is its not just talent he is delivering and playing as well as anyone could ask of anyone, thats why he is one of the most valuable players to any team today.
thats when hes on the field, hes not much use to the bulldogs at the moment is he...

Blaze

Banned
broncoman said:
pretty hard when we had 15 players unavailable, 2003 was gutsy, we had no right to win, in the end lockyer was the difference...

TBH IMO aussie could field a third strength team and probably still have more talent than a Kiwi or great britain side

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Blaze said:
TBH IMO aussie could field a third strength team and probably still have more talent than a Kiwi or great britain side
You speak for yourself, sunshine! :tongue:

I reckon at least 4 current GB internationals would make the Oz test team.

BTW, I see Ryles is out, broken down in training.

Simon

BoyBrumby said:
You speak for yourself, sunshine! :tongue:

I reckon at least 4 current GB internationals would make the Oz test team.

BTW, I see Ryles is out, broken down in training.
which 4 and who would the replace?