• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anzac day League Test

psxpro

Banned
I don't know about that Blaze, I think I've seen better aussie teams in recent years than this.
Also, generally most of the picked kiwis are in good form.
I think the aussie forward pack is especially knock-back able if you know what I mean. I think we can hurt their forwards.

But the halves are where they have it over us.
With guys like lockyear we will really have to be on our game.
Will need benji marshall to play a game breaker's role.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
We'll lose this time for sure, but we're building up a decent base of talent at the moment: Williams, Marshall, Pritchard, Asotasi....

100+ scoreline is just plain ridiculous, I think it'll be 36-14 in favour of Australia.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tim said:
We'll lose this time for sure, but we're building up a decent base of talent at the moment: Williams, Marshall, Pritchard, Asotasi....

100+ scoreline is just plain ridiculous, I think it'll be 36-14 in favour of Australia.
who said 100?

60 is reasonable i think...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
No, and history suggests that too...I honestly can't see us challenging Australia until we find a halfback & a 5/8 who have a good kicking-game and who can also give the outside backs some space.

Our forwards have always been ok, but it's been the lack of ability in the backline that's always been our problem.

psxpro

Banned
I think with a fully fit team, I'd expect it to be 50/50 at home.
We haven't losr the last 2 times at home.
Its always the match in Aussie that we can't do it there.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmmm...Lockyer & Kimmorley v Marshall & Leuluai, it is going to be tough for the Kiwis to score any points, and if the forward pack get on top, it is likely they will wreak havoc, so 100+ is not impossible, however unlikely.

Simon

psxpro said:
come on its not going to be 100 plus!!!
The kiwis will play with passion.
If its 100 plus I'll give u a bj
i dont think kyle will be gunning for a 100 point scoreline now...

psxpro

Banned
Imo, if you put lockyear under pressure early he can fold a bit. a couple of times i do remember this happening (not a lot), He is a great player but you gotta put him under pressure early.
I hope Benji Marshall really steps it up and plays a blinder.

Mister Wright

psxpro said:
Imo, if you put lockyear under pressure early he can fold a bit. a couple of times i do remember this happening (not a lot), He is a great player but you gotta put him under pressure early.
I hope Benji Marshall really steps it up and plays a blinder.
Put any player under immense pressure they are going to have the odd shocker, the difference between great players and ordinary players is that they rarely have shockers.

Simon

on the plus side, i dont think locky will play as bad as he did on test debut even if u start with a tribe of 200kg natives in your foward pack...

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
on the plus side, i dont think locky will play as bad as he did on test debut even if u start with a tribe of 200kg natives in your foward pack...
I think Wayne Bennett's game plan will be for Tonie Carroll to be playing out of Lockyer's pocket for most of the night, it will be a you have to get through me to get to him situation.

psxpro

Banned
I think lockyear has more than other greats.
I don't think at internationals he has been as good as he has in the nrl, don't know why.

I also think lockyear is a little bit overated, he is probably the best player playing today along with sonny-bill but once Andrew johhns returns I honestly think theres no match. Even comparing them is wrong.
Andrew johns is the greatest. I can't remember him being outplayed by an opponent where as i can remember that happening several times eith lockyear.

If lockyear gets on top he could eat the kiwis for breakfast though. I hope not.

Go kiwis!!

KIA KAHA

Simon

psxpro said:
I don't think at internationals he has been as good as he has in the nrl, don't know why.

I also think lockyear is a little bit overated, he is probably the best player playing today along with sonny-bill but once Andrew johhns returns I honestly think theres no match. Even comparing them is wrong.
Andrew johns is the greatest. I can't remember him being outplayed by an opponent where as i can remember that happening several times eith lockyear.

If lockyear gets on top he could eat the kiwis for breakfast though. I hope not.

Go kiwis!!

KIA KAHA
when i stop choking on my desert ill reply to that properlly...

Mister Wright

psxpro said:

Go kiwis!!

KIA KAHA
You have to keep in mind that Lockyer has spent the best part of a decade at fullback and has only had just over a year at the crucial 5/8 position. I'm sure in Johns' first 3 years he would have been well and truely outplayed by opponents such as Stewart, Langer maybe even Sterling (if he was playing). However, he would have learnt from that and made him a great player. But greatest player ATM? I'm sorry that title cannot go to someone who can't stay on the park.