• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sean Devine and Dwight Yorke heading Down Under

Cloete

International Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
The Belgian coach thinks so.

Then again, the Norwegian coach thinks Steffen Iversen is good enough...*shudder*
Where is big Steffen these days? I haven't seen him around since his Totenham days!

Cloete

International Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
Vålerenga in Norwegian Premiership.

And anyway, he's injured 80 % of the time, as usual...
haha ok. He's probably not worthy of a starting position anyway, so the injury helps the coach keep him happy. Valarenga are the team that nearly beat Rosenborg last season aren't they?

Tell you what though, I like the looks of Morten Gamst Pederson from Tromso. The funny thing was one week I saw the Norwegian Premiership game with Tromso playing, the next week I saw Morten scoring 2 goals for Blackburn :p

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cloete said:
haha ok. He's probably not worthy of a starting position anyway, so the injury helps the coach keep him happy. Valarenga are the team that nearly beat Rosenborg last season aren't they?

Tell you what though, I like the looks of Morten Gamst Pederson from Tromso. The funny thing was one week I saw the Norwegian Premiership game with Tromso playing, the next week I saw Morten scoring 2 goals for Blackburn :p
Actually, he is - I think VG (best-selling paper here) had him as the league's best player this season. Should tell you something about the quality of the league. And yes, they nearly beat Rosenborg - think it ended up being one goal in Rosenborg's favour.

Gamst Pedersen is good, too - strange story that - bought in with one manager, then he got lured away, Hughes took over and benched him for six months, Pedersen got the chance in a cup game and scored goals, and been in the side since :) Just a shame he's from Tromsø... :dry:

Cloete

International Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
Actually, he is - I think VG (best-selling paper here) had him as the league's best player this season. Should tell you something about the quality of the league. And yes, they nearly beat Rosenborg - think it ended up being one goal in Rosenborg's favour.

Gamst Pedersen is good, too - strange story that - bought in with one manager, then he got lured away, Hughes took over and benched him for six months, Pedersen got the chance in a cup game and scored goals, and been in the side since :) Just a shame he's from Tromsø... :dry:
Old rivalries hey? ;)

He's in (how old is he these days? 20, 21 or 22?) the Norwegian Under 21 side is he not? Anyway I remember watching the Norwegian League in the last few rounds that season and I watched the Rosenborg v (I can't remmebr TBH) game which gave updates of the Valarenga game. Good stuff, I was going for Valarenga of course ;)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cloete said:
Old rivalries hey? ;)

He's in (how old is he these days? 20, 21 or 22?) the Norwegian Under 21 side is he not? Anyway I remember watching the Norwegian League in the last few rounds that season and I watched the Rosenborg v (I can't remmebr TBH) game which gave updates of the Valarenga game. Good stuff, I was going for Valarenga of course ;)
Pedersen's got up to the senior side recently, got five or six caps during the qualifiers.

Now I wonder, how on earth can you watch Norwegian league matches in Australia... :mellow:

Marc: Pretty much spot on, a bit earlier. Annoyed my dad a bit, that goal (he's a Vålerenga fan)

Cloete

International Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
Pedersen's got up to the senior side recently, got five or six caps during the qualifiers.

Now I wonder, how on earth can you watch Norwegian league matches in Australia... :mellow:

Marc: Pretty much spot on, a bit earlier. Annoyed my dad a bit, that goal (he's a Vålerenga fan)
We get European Football shows which are always good. There's about 3, 4 or 5 different one's on Fox Sports, ESPN and SBS. They generally just give a brief cap of each league and then show games from the league's where the title race is exciting.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
Wasn't it a 90th minute winner on goals scored Sam?
yeh it was, i saw the replays on the tv the other day, funny stuff really!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Samuel_Vimes said:

yeh as cloete says, we have a show called Football Euro, they show all the highlights from all the europeam league matches from the previous weekend...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't believe some of these A-League sides aren't doing their homework on some of these overseas players.
How on earth did they not realise earlier about that South Korean player?

Craig

World Traveller
Listening to Wynton Ryfer (sp) today in an interview on The World Game. he said he was surprised that the New Zealand Knights were even let into the A-League considering the Kingz record in the old NSL.

Apparently the Newcastle Knights want to sign Paul Okon and some other player who I forget.