• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NRL Thread

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Well it's been an amazing competition so far with any team as good as the next. It's been impossible for footy tipping and this round is no different with the Dragons defeating Manly, while the Tigers continued their giantslaying run. They have now beaten Canterbury, New Zealand and my team the Roosters. It's been a poor season so far for the Bondi boys but they have a good lineup and it's just a matter of time until they click. Hopefully they will feature in the final series again this year.

The latest news is that Anthony Mundine will come back into the competition after his controvercial stint in the boxing ring and many teams have already looked into getting him, with the Roosters and the Warriors the most likely options at the current point in time.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gotta be honest & say hats off the the NRL. As an English League fan (Union's my code really, but I like both) one of the things about the Superleague is that the depth of quality is pretty shallow. In the play-offs you generally get the same 5 teams (Wigan, Bradford, St Helens, Leeds, Hull) plus AN other. In the NRL there's the genuine possibility that anyone can end up in the play-offs.

The Dragons had been ar$e up to today, but pretty much shredded Manly who'd been flying. Grasnier looked quality as did Barrett. Nice to see ex-Hull boy Colin Best get another try too.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hehe, Grasnier.

Go the Raiders! Love `em, on top of the table. :D

Looks like it`s the Nath vs James weekend double with the Swans/Brisbane clash tonight and the Raiders/Roosters on tomorrow. And I`m one up Jamesy-boy!

Kasper

Banned
TBH, I can't believe the mighty Cowboys got drubbed by the Sharks. Pretty poor performance. In other news I think the Warriors should be kicked out of the comp...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It had to happen last night...everybody talked the Warriors up after they smashed an equally awful Souths side and not to my surprise, they lost to a Tigers side who is playing quality league at the moment.

The worst news to come is that Anthony Mundine is set to join the Warriors..he was a star player, but he's got a chip on his shoulder & if the Warriors don't get going this season I wouldn't be surprised if he spits the dummy & walks out.
The last thing the Warriors need is another circus act.

The other news is that Stacey Jones will leave the club next year if Mundine does join so he can play Superleague in France.

I also think that Tony Kemp won't last the season as coach.

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah i've been watching Leeds v London today...the standard of football is appalling. Particularly from the London side. I reckon they'd be lucky to be within 20 points of the bottom NRL team.

The Great Britain side might be ok playing at home, but I think they'll be knocked over when they come down to Australia & NZ.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
Go the Raiders! Love `em, on top of the table. :D

Looks like it`s the Nath vs James weekend double with the Swans/Brisbane clash tonight and the Raiders/Roosters on tomorrow. And I`m one up Jamesy-boy!
You're on mate

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
May I ask how you have come to support both Sydney in Brisbane, but in different codes? :blink:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Because I started supporting the roosters when I was 5 for reasons I can't fully remember.

psxpro

Banned
Pathetic performance yesterday by the warriors I thought . Can see another poor season for such a talented team, its disappointing. If only we could play like in 2002 and a bit of 2003 where we were so exciting and I was loving watching the warriors playing with passion and all those offloads were great to watch.

I really beleive the warriors are way too conservative at the moment, so what if there are a few mistakes if they play their natural attacking game? ITs much better than having no ideas near the oppostion line.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Tim said:
The other news is that Stacey Jones will leave the club next year if Mundine does join so he can play Superleague in France.
UTC?!?!?! WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :huh: :blink: :huh:

psxpro

Banned
I really hope jones doesn't go as hes been a legend for the warriors but it looks like he will go.
I'm getting sick of the warriors management. I think they should go.
I don't want mundine.

username1234

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
mundine. We dont want him he can just stick to boxing i remember when he cost st george the 1999 final now we dont want him playing for the warriors.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
id be surprised if he went anywhere other than the roosters, they need a 5/8, he wont go to warriors cause he wants to play for a good side and raiders have halves going great guns with young carney and campese coming through....

on another issue, GO THOSE BRONCOS!!!!

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Is there no chance Mundine will go back to the Dragons. Imo, it would be nice to see him back in the jumper.