• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NRL Thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
consistentcy mate, i expect tigers will win a couple more games before the end of the season but they have a young team and when the going gets tough i expect will lose a game or two they should win. They may well scrape into the 8, but i cant see them finishing highr than 7th ot 8th and brisbane, parramatta and the cowboys or storm will do them in with ease...
Exactly. Top 4 is just blind faith. Like Kiwi's thinking the Warriors will still make the 8.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
someone told me before warriors still believe they will win the comp! Do it for Stacey is the talk lol!!!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
someone told me before warriors still believe they will win the comp! Do it for Stacey is the talk lol!!!
They should be doing it for their careers, not Stacey. Although, I think the Warriors will win their last couple of matches. They have a history of being pathetic during the season, but when there is talk about their contracts being downgraded or torn-up they suddenly play like rugby league Gods...wonder why that is?

Blaze

Banned
broncoman said:

They probably believe they can still win which is exactly the mentality you want from your players, don't you?

If they are good enough, the warriors will make the 8 and if they are up against Brisbane in the first week then they have a good chance of doing something.

I, however, doubt this will be the case.

Blaze

Banned
Mister Wright said:
Exactly. Top 4 is just blind faith. Like Kiwi's thinking the Warriors will still make the 8.

I don't think they will make the 8 but that doesn't stop me hoping that they will. They are still a chance. .

shaka

International Regular
Mister Wright said:
What is life without blind faith? Go Warriors!!!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Manly really need a player like Orford and we got one ;)

Should be interesting to see what this does to our depth, we have no now and i think this means we could have even less. From all reports we are now going to have to off load, Harris, Randall, Williamson, Matai, Dunley and Stephenson. Matai might stay if we don't buy another outside back.

Last edited:

Simon

Orford hasnt actually signed yet, but apparently he has agreed to terms, so the signature isnt far off...

apparently Canberra are interested in Matai, dont know why, hes pretty ordinary...

Craig

World Traveller
Since he has gone it looks like Cooper Cronk will move to half back with Scott Hill at 5/8 and Greg Inglis to play centre.

Probable Storm backline:

Slater
Geyer
Inglis
King
Webster
Hill
Cronk

I don't know if that inspires confidence or not. I am disappionted about Orford leaving - I can't help feeling this is Noddy all over (Brett Kimmorely) again and would have apprieciated if he had stayed. But what can you do? If he wants to leave, let him leave, this is about close to the Central Coast as he is going to get (apart from playing for bogan Newcastle).

This will probably bring back calls for salary cap concessions for Melbourne (and led by Craig Bellamy) but I would only agree with them only if the Warriors and to an extent NQ as it would only be fair.

On another matter, BoyBrumby having seen him in the two comps how would you rate Russell Smith so far in his stint down under? IMO he looks like he wants to blow the whistle too many times, but if the players keep making them they will continue to get called.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Craig said:
On another matter, BoyBrumby having seen him in the two comps how would you rate Russell Smith so far in his stint down under? IMO he looks like he wants to blow the whistle too many times, but if the players keep making them they will continue to get called.
I don't mind Smith overly. He's the sort of ref who you perhaps notice a bit too much, but I do remember him making one brave call back near the start of the season when The Raiders were playing the Roosters. Mini (I think it was him anyway) caught Jason Smith high, leaving Smith unable to play the ball. Initially he penalised Smith, but realised he'd made the wrong call & reversed it. A lotta refs woulda been too stubborn to own up to it.

One game I thought he had a bit of a stinker in was The Warriors in Brisbane. He let NZ get away with murder at the tackle, deliberately slowing things up. Think he eventually binned Webb (who I had in my Fantasy Team... 8-) ), but his lenience arguably cost The Broncos the game.

Simon

Mister Wright said:
Will Scot Hill be playing next season. He does get injured a lot.
yeh he will, hes due back in 2 weeks forn the storm anyway, i think think hes a pretty good player...

DJellett

International Debutant
How good are Parra this year? As a long time devotee I'm stoked they have finally come good again!

Simon

DJellett said:
How good are Parra this year? As a long time devotee I'm stoked they have finally come good again!
they will choke, Brian Smith couldnt have coached the St George team of the late fifties, early sixties to the premiership!

shaka

International Regular
Warriors have bought a 21 year old halfback named Grant Rovelli on a two year deal, although he has massive boots to fill when Stacey leaves the club for England.

Blaze

Banned
shaka said:
Warriors have bought a 21 year old halfback named Grant Rovelli on a two year deal, although he has massive boots to fill when Stacey leaves the club for England.

Yeah he has been playing premier league for the roosters. Many rate him better than Finch but he was never going to get a look in at the roosters behind Wing, Finch and Soward. He captained their premier league side to glory last year so obviously has leadership ability. Would have been bought on the back of the strong relationship Ivan Cleary has with the Roosters after coaching their premier league side last year. I think it is a very good signing for the Warriors. He will probably start off at five eigth with Fien at 7 and Hohaia at 9.

Blaze

Banned
broncoman said:
they will choke, Brian Smith couldnt have coached the St George team of the late fifties, early sixties to the premiership!

I am not so sure.. It is easy to say that they will choke.. like they did in 01 but anything can happen and I am not going to write them off yet.

I am really looking forward to seeing if the Bulldogs can match the Broncos tonight. The competition is waiting for someone to step up to the mark and knock over the Broncos and stake a claim for the premiership. No one other than the Storm or the Warriors have beaten Brisbane this year and neither of those sides are premiership material (certainly not the Warriors, maybe the storm are if they play to their potential)