• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NRL Thread

nibbs

International Captain
warriors played well. had a rough patch at the start of the second half, but otherwise a good performance. next 2 weeks will be a real test however with the eels, then broncos.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Depends who you are. Souths usually come out and have a big win sometime in the season. You just have to be smart enough to tip it. It will be a struggle for Manly now, for most of the season none of the teams have been looking at them as genuine title contenders, but now that they have proven they deserve their place on the ladder teams are after them. It will test their ability to see if they can fight back and stay in the 8. They won't want anymore night games...I can assure you of that!
Hey we had 8 guys out for this match, it was no surprise we lost, very dispointing we lost by that margin, back when you have a reserve grade forward pack on the field, then its understandable. When we get our players back, we will be back to our old form and back pushing the Cowboys and Broncos for the tilte. On a side note what do you guys think of Parra, i think they looking pretty good, but i would still have them behind the Cowboys, Broncos and Dragon and on par with us.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
chaminda_00 said:
Hey we had 8 guys out for this match, it was no surprise we lost, very dispointing we lost by that margin, back when you have a reserve grade forward pack on the field, then its understandable. When we get our players back, we will be back to our old form and back pushing the Cowboys and Broncos for the tilte. On a side note what do you guys think of Parra, i think they looking pretty good, but i would still have them behind the Cowboys, Broncos and Dragon and on par with us.
8 Guys out - boo hoo. The Broncos had just as many and were up against a much stronger opponent, yet they still one.

And yes it was a surprise they lost.

Blaze

Banned
chaminda_00 said:

You lost to Souths.. It doesn't matter if you have injuries that just proves you have no depth. I think the Eels are ahead of the Dragons and Manly but only just

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Eels are going well but need to show some consistency...
imo the teams Brisbane are 2 steps ahead of everyone with the Cowboys and Dragong behind them and then Roosters, Eels and Bulldogs just behind them two. Sharks, Manly, Canberra, Warriors, Tigers just do not have the quality to mount any sort of a challenge for this title. Only sharks of that lot could prove me wrong.

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
imo the teams Brisbane are 2 steps ahead of everyone with the Cowboys and Dragong behind them and then Roosters, Eels and Bulldogs just behind them two. Sharks, Manly, Canberra, Warriors, Tigers just do not have the quality to mount any sort of a challenge for this title. Only sharks of that lot could prove me wrong.
Eels need to show consistency? How about 7 wins from their last 8 games?

Simon

look at it this way, Manly, Sharks, Raiders and Storm have all had great runs this season and people have talked them up only to lose form and fall away. to me it just seems that team is parramatta at the moment. im not convinced with them yet. Tim Smith is yet to face real pressure situations, John Morris isnt really a 5/8 and their fowards get intimidated when someone takes it to them... im just not 100% sure they are the real deal yet...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
When Manly get a full strength side back, we will be up there, maybe not title contenders but we will give it a shake. But if we keep getting injuries and suspension we're f*cked cus we have no depth. I don't think Bulldogs are anywhere near being title contenders, unless Sonny Bill Williams and Willie Mason are back for the finals.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
look at it this way, Manly, Sharks, Raiders and Storm have all had great runs this season and people have talked them up only to lose form and fall away....
Manly haven't lost form, one game doesn't count as form

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
look at it this way, Manly, Sharks, Raiders and Storm have all had great runs this season and people have talked them up only to lose form and fall away. to me it just seems that team is parramatta at the moment. im not convinced with them yet. Tim Smith is yet to face real pressure situations, John Morris isnt really a 5/8 and their fowards get intimidated when someone takes it to them... im just not 100% sure they are the real deal yet...

Nobody has been talking up the Eels. At least not up here anyway.

Simon

chaminda_00 said:
Manly haven't lost form, one game doesn't count as form
their first half again penrith was ****, they played crap against brisbane, they were saved by the ref against the roosters and now thrashed by souths. Manly arent going anywhere near as well as it seems.

Simon

Mister Wright said:
Nobody has been talking up the Eels. At least not up here anyway.
they have down here, but as i said im still not convinced...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The Eels have been getting a big talk-up up here the last couple of weeks. Tim Smith does look the real deal, his kicking game is so good.

Broncos aside, who do look a class apart, it's very open which is the NRL's big strength. It's good for any comp to have teams like Manly, Canberra & The Eels who no really fancied showing good form at various stages.

On a personal note it's nice to see St George showing such good form, I know The Cowboys had about 6 out but I think The Dragons had 5 too.

Blaze

Banned
broncoman said:
Sharks, Manly, Canberra, Warriors, Tigers just do not have the quality to mount any sort of a challenge for this title. Only sharks of that lot could prove me wrong.
Don't count out the Warriors. You are a fool if you do. They have talent and on their day can beat anyone. They have only lost two games this season by more than 8 points. I don't necessarily think they are going to win the premiership (in fact I think they will struggle to even make the 8) but on paper they are a very strong side. If they had a half decent head coach then they would prosper. The nucleus of the side that came 2nd and 3rd in 02 and 03 is sitll there it's just a matter of re finding their confidence.

The Warriors don't lack in quality. They lack in brains.

Craig

World Traveller
BoyBrumby said:
The Eels have been getting a big talk-up up here the last couple of weeks. Tim Smith does look the real deal, his kicking game is so good.
Another good Queensland product.

But I can't believe as a Maroon he would grow up idiolizing Andrew Johns, a Blue? You just don't do that. I would have thought Allan Langer would have been a better choice and maybe a better player (I don't know if you can compare, as Langer's career was winding down as Johns was getting into his prime).

:@

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Another good Queensland product.

But I can't believe as a Maroon he would grow up idiolizing Andrew Johns, a Blue? You just don't do that. I would have thought Allan Langer would have been a better choice and maybe a better player (I don't know if you can compare, as Langer's career was winding down as Johns was getting into his prime).

:@
Queensland product, isn't he from the Central Coast, NSW, just down the road from Newcastle.