Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: N.S.W. seal State of Origin Defence

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!

N.S.W. seal State of Origin Defence

I know this may be jumping the gun a bit, but the heart and sould of Queensland's State of Origin forward pack, the best forward currently playing the game, and a general good bloke Shane Webke has decided to retire from representative footy (the proper code).

I caused a love-in on the bus on the way home from University this afternoon when someone asked me why I was crying, I said "Shane Webke has retired from representative football." The bloke next to me burst into tears, and we were all reminising on a great man and a great career, even some ******* blue up the back had no bad words to say which is unusual, although with the Maroon passion steaming on the bus, the bus driver kicked him out next stop, and he was wearing a Cowboys' hat!

Let's just hope that Steven Price isn't injured, and that the selectors don't select that loser Ross to play!

Full story here
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Very sad, he was a fine player with great passion and determination. You'd want him in any side and the way he lifts for Origin will really be missed! Civineciva will really have to step up now and hopefully the Coyboys forwards can get a look in for origin now.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    last year i would have been running for the hills with this news, but i think we can cope...

8 Petero Civoniceva
    9 Cameron Smith
    10 Steve Price
    11 Brad Thorn
    12 Steve Southern
    13 Jason Smith
    The Rest
    David Stagg, Carl Webb, Tonie Carroll, Shane Tronc, Michael Crocker, Chris Flannery, Dane Carlaw (lol).

I think theres a very good foward pack in there whichever way we go...

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    Shane Webke has decided to retire from representative footy (the proper code).
    the proper code? i dont remember him playing union

nah seriously he will be missed, well by canetoad lovers anyway. one of the best and toughest Moroons, he played with alot of passion and heart that will be impossible for them to replace
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

I know this may be jumping the gun a bit, but the heart and sould of Queensland's State of Origin forward pack, the best forward currently playing the game, and a general good bloke Shane Webke has decided to retire from representative footy (the proper code).

I caused a love-in on the bus on the way home from University this afternoon when someone asked me why I was crying, I said "Shane Webke has retired from representative football." The bloke next to me burst into tears, and we were all reminising on a great man and a great career, even some ******* blue up the back had no bad words to say which is unusual, although with the Maroon passion steaming on the bus, the bus driver kicked him out next stop, and he was wearing a Cowboys' hat!

Let's just hope that Steven Price isn't injured, and that the selectors don't select that loser Ross to play!

Full story here
    Your making it sound like he has retired from rugby league as immediate or had dropped dead.

Yes though, it is a big loss for QLD, but at least we have plenty of time on our hands to find a replacement.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Anyone think PJ Marsh will be anywhere near the mix for Origin?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Anyone think PJ Marsh will be anywhere near the mix for Origin?
    Not unless something happens to Cameron Smith

How about Nathan Fien?

Quote Originally Posted by James90
    Not unless something happens to Cameron Smith

But Marsh was the number 9 before he got injured and it was only then that Smith got his chance.. Marsh should be somewhere in the mix IMO if he continues his great form and regains up to a satisfactory fitness level

no, cause he wont start at half cause theres prince and seymour, he wont start at hooker cause theres smith, marsh and berrigan, and he wont be on the bench cause bowen will be and there will be 3 fowards on the bench with him...

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    But Marsh was the number 9 before he got injured and it was only then that Smith got his chance.. Marsh should be somewhere in the mix IMO if he continues his great form and regains up to a satisfactory fitness level
    smith has proven himself a better player, he should also be the australian hooker for the anzac test...
    we may also need his goalkicking in origin...

Quote Originally Posted by broncoman
    smith has proven himself a better player, he should also be the australian hooker for the anzac test...

His goal kicking isn't anything special

Burger Time Champion!
    no, cause he wont start at half cause theres prince and seymour, he wont start at hooker cause theres smith, marsh and berrigan, and he wont be on the bench cause bowen will be and there will be 3 fowards on the bench with him...

God, I hope Bowen isn't picked, he drops the ball more than Wesser, and that is a tough ask.

Burger Time Champion!
    We won't need his goalkicking because Shifcofske will finally get picked. I'm sick of all this talk of Hunt, Bowen & Wesser, we need solidarity at the back and Shifcofske is in great form once again. He deserves his chance, yet again.

We won't need his goalkicking because Shifcofske will finally get picked. I'm sick of all this talk of Hunt, Bowen & Wesser, we need solidarity at the back and Shifcofske is in great form once again. He deserves his chance, yet again.

Locker should play fullback IMO with Slater and Bowen on the wings.

Tait and Hodges in the centres and Seymor, Prince in the halves

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information