• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

N.S.W. seal State of Origin Defence

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i agree kyle, i WANT Schif picked, however i just dont think the selectors will pick him, i really really hope we go in with him cause hes been outstanding and its a top player...

and yes buderus is injured and wont be playing for australia in the anzac test, anyone want to have a stab at what the test side may be? mine...

1 Anthony Minichello
2 Billy Slater
3 Willie Tonga
4 Shaun Berrigan
5 Luke Rooney
6 Darren Lockyer
7 Brett Kimmorley
8 Steven Price
9 Cameron Smith
10 Jason Ryles
11 Andrew Ryan
12 Craig Fitzgibbon
13 Nathan Hindmarsh
reserves
14 Petero Civoniceva
15 Luke Bailey
16 Steve Southern
17 Craig Wing

Thats kinda a combination of what im expecting and a bolter or two. Minichello will probably be fullback even if he doesnt deserve it. I want Orford in there but im sure kimmorley will be half for the test, Slater will be in the side somewhere, i wouldnt be surprised if Slater and Minichello switch positions during the game. Southern ive gone for as a bolter. his form has been tops and its built for rep footy. plus theres not much depth in the fowards compared to the halves and fullback...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
i agree kyle, i WANT Schif picked, however i just dont think the selectors will pick him, i really really hope we go in with him cause hes been outstanding and its a top player...

and yes buderus is injured and wont be playing for australia in the anzac test, anyone want to have a stab at what the test side may be? mine...

1 Anthony Minichello
2 Billy Slater
3 Willie Tonga
4 Shaun Berrigan
5 Luke Rooney
6 Darren Lockyer
7 Brett Kimmorley
8 Steven Price
9 Cameron Smith
10 Jason Ryles
11 Andrew Ryan
12 Craig Fitzgibbon
13 Nathan Hindmarsh
reserves
14 Petero Civoniceva
15 Luke Bailey
16 Steve Southern
17 Craig Wing

Thats kinda a combination of what im expecting and a bolter or two. Minichello will probably be fullback even if he doesnt deserve it. I want Orford in there but im sure kimmorley will be half for the test, Slater will be in the side somewhere, i wouldnt be surprised if Slater and Minichello switch positions during the game. Southern ive gone for as a bolter. his form has been tops and its built for rep footy. plus theres not much depth in the fowards compared to the halves and fullback...
Shiffers can be overlooked no more. I will hand back my origin ticket if he is not selected.

Not too sure on Ryles & Bailey, they never deserved their spots in the first place, I agree on Southern. I'd find it hard for Tate to be left out which will mean Berrigan to the bench or to miss out.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Haha. Point taken. Although Hauff was an under-rated player.
He had a deadset shocker against the Kiwis at Melbourne in 1991 (although so did most of the Aussies).

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Voltman said:
He had a deadset shocker against the Kiwis at Melbourne in 1991 (although so did most of the Aussies).
Lockyer had a shocking debut off the bench and now he's the best player in the world.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Lockyer had a shocking debut off the bench and now he's the best player in the world.
I think "shocker" is about where the similarities end between Hauff and Lockyer.

Craig

World Traveller
Blaze said:
Locker should play fullback IMO with Slater and Bowen on the wings.

Tait and Hodges in the centres and Seymor, Prince in the halves
Think Steve Bell has a better chance of being picked then Hodges.

He is having a better season then Hodges, and if he doesn't play rep footy this season, then he must have to wonder what he has to do to get picked, short of moving clubs.

Craig

World Traveller
broncoman said:

1 Anthony Minichello
2 Billy Slater
3 Willie Tonga
4 Shaun Berrigan
5 Luke Rooney
6 Darren Lockyer
7 Brett Kimmorley
8 Steven Price
9 Cameron Smith
10 Jason Ryles
11 Andrew Ryan
12 Craig Fitzgibbon
13 Nathan Hindmarsh
reserves
14 Petero Civoniceva
15 Luke Bailey
16 Steve Southern
17 Craig Wing

Doesn't Tonga have the Mumps and is unlikely to be picked?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Craig said:
Doesn't Tonga have the Mumps and is unlikely to be picked?
Think it's gone thru The Dogs' camp like a dose of salts. Sonny Bill's in isolation with it.

Pretty serious if you get it as an adult. It could greatly affect Willie's chances of producing any little Tongas.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Craig said:
How good/bad is rugby league coverage in England, a case of where you live?
As long as you're signed up to Rupert Murdoch's evil empire it's pretty good. 3 live Super League games a week, plus a couple of NRL games as live on delayed broadcast. Think we're getting the Anzac test live over here too.

There's a magazine round-up prog too which covers both.